• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good places to stay in Munchen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good places to stay in Munchen

Seeing as I am so important.

Got a jolly over to Munich next week. Anywhere good to stay? Good schnitzels, good altbeer etc etc

TIA

SY01
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Yep great tags, thanks.

How about some actual places to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      How about some actual places to stay.
      At the risk of sounding patronising, have you tried these?

Google search "site:forums.contractoruk.com München"
      Google search "site:forums.contractoruk.com Munchen"
      Google search "site:forums.contractoruk.com Munich"
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        At the risk of sounding patronising, have you tried these?

Google search "site:forums.contractoruk.com München"
        Google search "site:forums.contractoruk.com Munchen"
        Google search "site:forums.contractoruk.com Munich"
        Nope. But I did on your suggestion. At the risk of sounding ungrateful, they were frak all help. No offence, like.

Comment

Sorry only been over when the beer festival was on, and my memory is hazy what with all the beer consumed

Worst case just visit the tourist office when you get there and they can get a hotel room within your budget and seem to know which places to avoid
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Seeing as I am so important.

Got a jolly over to Munich next week. Anywhere good to stay? Good schnitzels, good altbeer etc etc

TIA

SY01
            You don't get Altbier in München (actually I did find one pub years ago serving it,) it's a Rührpott drink (drank a fair bit this weekend in Düsseldorf.) I've stayed in the Hilton next to the Englisch Garten which wasn't too bad, one of the Best Westerns which was nothing to write home about but the Cosmopolitan is quite okay as its right in the middle of Schwabing. Instead of going to the Hofbrauhaus (which is good fun mind you) try just across the street at Ayingers (they also have a hotel.) Personally I'm not a big fan on Munich although I spent 6 months working just outside but you can have some fun there...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              You don't get Altbier in München (actually I did find one pub years ago serving it,) it's a Rührpott drink (drank a fair bit this weekend in Düsseldorf.) I've stayed in the Hilton next to the Englisch Garten which wasn't too bad, one of the Best Westerns which was nothing to write home about but the Cosmopolitan is quite okay as its right in the middle of Schwabing. Instead of going to the Hofbrauhaus (which is good fun mind you) try just across the street at Ayingers (they also have a hotel.) Personally I'm not a big fan on Munich although I spent 6 months working just outside but you can have some fun there...
              Feelin dank

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Und iz it possible to get zer by train from London. I hate flying.

Edit : I mean quickly. The red eye from Gare du Nord takes 10 hours
                Is there a connection from Brussels or summat.

Comment

Und iz it possible to get zer by train from London. I hate flying.

Edit : I mean quickly. The red eye from Gare du Nord takes 10 hours
                  Is there a connection from Brussels or summat.
                  Yep, cheers for the neg.

Comment

I did the train from Frankfurt to London last year, around 6 hours so you would have to do London - Brussels - Köln - München. I would expect between 8-10 hours travelling but you can get pissed on the trains on the mainland
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X