• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Horizon' tonight on BBC...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Horizon' tonight on BBC...

Jeez - we might all be holographic projections from an Event Horizon on a black hole somewhere at the edge of the universe.....

This has really made me think - ie "I think I'll have a Stella and forget about it and watch Corrie..."

And this quantum stuff - there might be two or more sets of Krankies in alternative parallel realities, one where they're not funny and one or infinitely more where they are marginally less not funny, doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm might partake several quantum parallel Stellas tonight - don't fancy the holographic one's though - too flat...

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Jeez - we might all be holographic projections from an Event Horizon on a black hole somewhere at the edge of the universe.....

This has really made me think - ie "I think I'll have a Stella and forget about it and watch Corrie..."

And this quantum stuff - there might be two or more sets of Krankies in alternative parallel realities, one where they're not funny and one or infinitely more where they are marginally less not funny, doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm might partake several quantum parallel Stellas tonight - don't fancy the holographic one's though - too flat...
    I've recorded it as it looked a bit heavy.

But thanks for spoiling it for me.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You mean there might be another universe where DP is a millionaire & AtW has a sofa.

I don't believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        You mean there might be another universe where DP is a millionaire & AtW has a sofa.

I don't believe it!
        Infinite universes...... That's still not going to happen.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I've recorded it as it looked a bit heavy.

But thanks for spoiling it for me.
          But there's another universe where I didn't spoil it for you....

Comment

Just watched on iPlayer.

Very good. Double silt, that was old news. The programme became somewhat more interesting towards the second half. The holographic principle disturbs me little. The idea space time exists within math, now that tickles the mind.

The big question - how shall this new understanding affect house prices?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Just watched on iPlayer.

Very good. Double silt, that was old news. The programme became somewhat more interesting towards the second half. The holographic principle disturbs me little. The idea space time exists within math, now that tickles the mind.

The big question - how shall this new understanding affect house prices?
              The holographic principal sounds like fantasy to me.
              The fact that the universe is a mathematical concept sits well with me though.
              Did the guy with the long metal tube ever finish his experiment? Did light go fuzzy?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                The holographic principal sounds like fantasy to me.
                The fact that the universe is a mathematical concept sits well with me though.
                WHS.

It wasn't a bad programme; I'm so used to these things being dumbed down it was nice to see one that dared to be a bit more challenging. But all these concepts are so abstract as to be meaningless, and you can't help feeling that theoretical physics' grasp on reality is even less than climate science.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Great, we can carry on surfing the net and meanwhile in the parallel universe we are working hard at client co. Can I involve for work done in the parallel universe?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

I don't believe it!
                    Oi!

This time next year Rodders!

Comment

Working...
                    X