• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminated

After spending week one twiddling my thumbs because the pilot was delayed I asked the client if it was ok to extend my long weekend (already booked pre contract and agreed) by one extra day, the response was I couldn't have the day off as some project specific training would be provided and I needed to be available, ok by me.

Today I had my contract terminated, it read "This is not a reflection on you as a person but the need for absolute focus on the project".

WTF... I mean WTF!!! I didn't insist, I didn't know about training before I asked and I dropped the request when I was informed, now the agent has gone AWOL and emails don't generate a delivery receipt.

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Bummer!
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      After spending week one twiddling my thumbs because the pilot was delayed I asked the client if it was ok to extend my long weekend (already booked pre contract and agreed) by one extra day, the response was I couldn't have the day off as some project specific training would be provided and I needed to be available, ok by me.

Today I had my contract terminated, it read "This is not a reflection on you as a person but the need for absolute focus on the project".

WTF... I mean WTF!!! I didn't insist, I didn't know about training before I asked and I dropped the request when I was informed, now the agent has gone AWOL and emails don't generate a delivery receipt.

Jeez man! I feel for you on this. You moved from a perm role for this didn't you?

Had a similar problem about 4 years ago. Happy to name them both. Siemens & McGregor Boyle (hope it's not the same).
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That totally sucks, sorry for you

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Jeez man! I feel for you on this. You moved from a perm role for this didn't you?

Had a similar problem about 4 years ago. Happy to name them both. Siemens & McGregor Boyle (hope it's not the same).
          I didn't move, IBM made me redundant after 5 months and then IBM fecked me over on a contract.

I may regret that but feck it, I don't care right now.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

You need to be kicking up a stink here. I take it, it was immediate.

Regardless you have notice clause and they need to honour that.

Comment

I take it, it was immediate.
              If not, its time to crack open that PC and leave a tuna sandwich in there.

Comment

You need to be kicking up a stink here. I take it, it was immediate.

Regardless you have notice clause and they need to honour that.
                I just got back from a great weekend away with my family to celebrate my 40th, still shell shocked to be honest.

I should get a week out of them, the only worry is the paper contract has yet to materialise though I do have an outline with a notice period stated.

Should I ignore the self billing system and just invoice the agency for the outstanding amount? I need an approver who has so far ignored the first timesheet.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I just got back from a great weekend away with my family to celebrate my 40th, still shell shocked to be honest.

I should get a week out of them, the only worry is the paper contract has yet to materialise though I do have an outline with a notice period stated.

Should I ignore the self billing system and just invoice the agency for the outstanding amount? I need an approver who has so far ignored the first timesheet.
                  I do sympathise. I came back from a weekend away to find the same.

Basically face didn't fit and the PM was too much of a pussy to be up front. I got paid for the time but nothing more without it turning in to a legal fight.

I'd invoice straight off the bat though.

Comment

Cheer up dude!

It's bad but not as bad as having some tough guy put a plasma rifle in 40 mwatt range to your head and pull the trigg...

Comment

Working...
                    X