• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your Autism-Spectrum Quotient

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your Autism-Spectrum Quotient

Following on from the Girls in Computing thread, maybe computing is not male or female but a state of mind. From Wired

The Geek Syndrome

Autism - and its milder cousin Asperger's syndrome - is surging among the children of Silicon Valley. Are math-and-tech genes to blame?
    Wired 9.12: The Geek Syndrome

So do the test, find out if what you suspected is true.

Wired 9.12: Take The AQ Test

You may have guessed, I scored 32
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Me, me, me...

Comment

Do I win something?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

There was one of these on Facebook a while back.

It reckoned that 30 was the threshold for 'Adult Autism' the rain man being up over 40 odd i think.

I came in at a nice 6, while my 'crazy in the head' missus nailed it at 29.

That confirmed a lot of suspicions that did!
        If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I reckon my score was up because I recognize patterns and have an interest in numbers.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

close to same as last time.

Didn't we do this some months ago?
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

28. But I think the questions are stupid.

Comment

39^(π/x)
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X