• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birmingham: The best place to be a muslim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birmingham: The best place to be a muslim

From the wife of a vicar who had spent 4 years in an inner city ghetto (today's Telegraph):

I have just returned to London, where I have lived since I was 11. I have been away for four years, living as an ethnic minority in a monocultural part of the world, amassing a host of stories to tell to disbelieving friends.

On the whole, I am glad to return. I shan’t miss some locals’ assumptions that, being a white woman, if I was outside after dark, as I occasionally was, usually to walk the few metres between my house and the church, I must be a prostitute eager to give them a blow job.

I shan’t miss the abuse my priest husband received: the daubing of “Dirty white dogs” in red paint on the church door, the barrage of stones thrown at him by children shouting “Satan”. He was called a “f***ing white bastard” more than once, though, notably, never when in a cassock. I will also not miss the way our garden acted as the local rubbish dump, with items ranging from duvets and TV sets, to rats (dead or twitching) glued to cardboard strips, a popular local method of vermin control to stem the large numbers of them which scuttled between the rubbish piled in gardens and on pavements. Yes, I am very glad to have left Britain’s second city.

To a London reader, born and bred with multiculturalism, I know that my stories may come across as outlandish and exaggerated, and that I must surely be a BNP voter – I have observed people’s expressions as they have listened to my tales of life in Brum. When I recently told a friend how a large Taliban flag fluttered gaily on a house near St Andrew’s football stadium for some months, her cry of “Can’t you tell the police?” made me reflect how far many of our inner cities have been abandoned by our key workers: our doctors and nurses drive in from afar, the police, as mentioned before, have shut down their stations and never venture in unless in extremis – they and ambulance crews have been known to be attacked – even the local Imam lives in a leafier area.
    Only the priest remains, if you can get one – the thriving but clerically-vacant church down the road has had no applicant in two years. In their absence, we get stabbings that never make the news, dog- and cock-fighting rings, cars torched as pranks and cars used for peddling heroin. (One of the more amusing moments of our time came when a local lad provided one reason people often gave us stares when we drove past such deals: “Two white people wearing seatbelts – you’ve got to be cops.”) In their absence, we simply have the witness of those who are unlikely to be heard, who, through a variety of unfortunate circumstances, have not been able to move out: the elderly, the infirm, the illiterate, the chronically poor. Indeed, some of the Muslim residents deeply regret the flight of the non-Muslim population. It is they who now have to live in a crime-ridden ghetto.

Wonder where in Brum this could be? How many more sh!tholes like this have been allowed to develop thanks to the policies of our gutless liberal elite politricksters?

Couldn't agree more, many parts of Birmingham are now indistiguishable form Lahore or Karachi. It truly is a disgrace that areas like this have been allowed to develop in England. There are similar areas in many northern towns/cities too.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Couldn't agree more, many parts of Birmingham are now indistiguishable form Lahore or Karachi.
      I've been to Lahore; it's quite a nice place. Don't know about Karachi but I've heard it's a dump.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

She sounds like your typical upper-middle class hand wringing, whinging bedwetter.

Let's see how far the national press run with it.

Comment

Couldn't agree more, many parts of Birmingham are now indistiguishable form Lahore or Karachi. It truly is a disgrace that areas like this have been allowed to develop in England. There are similar areas in many northern towns/cities too.
          Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I've been to Lahore; it's quite a nice place. Don't know about Karachi but I've heard it's a dump.
          Mich, I think he was having a go at those erm, dark chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Mich, I think he was having a go at those erm, dark chaps.
            Mussies aren't a race any more than Scientologists are
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                Mussies aren't a race any more than Scientologists are
                And?

Btw, what's a Mussie?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                  From the wife of a vicar who had spent 4 years in an inner city ghetto (today's Telegraph):

I have just returned to London, where I have lived since I was 11. I have been away for four years, living as an ethnic minority in a monocultural part of the world, amassing a host of stories to tell to disbelieving friends.

On the whole, I am glad to return. I shan’t miss some locals’ assumptions that, being a white woman, if I was outside after dark, as I occasionally was, usually to walk the few metres between my house and the church, I must be a prostitute eager to give them a blow job.

I shan’t miss the abuse my priest husband received: the daubing of “Dirty white dogs” in red paint on the church door, the barrage of stones thrown at him by children shouting “Satan”. He was called a “f***ing white bastard” more than once, though, notably, never when in a cassock. I will also not miss the way our garden acted as the local rubbish dump, with items ranging from duvets and TV sets, to rats (dead or twitching) glued to cardboard strips, a popular local method of vermin control to stem the large numbers of them which scuttled between the rubbish piled in gardens and on pavements. Yes, I am very glad to have left Britain’s second city.

To a London reader, born and bred with multiculturalism, I know that my stories may come across as outlandish and exaggerated, and that I must surely be a BNP voter – I have observed people’s expressions as they have listened to my tales of life in Brum. When I recently told a friend how a large Taliban flag fluttered gaily on a house near St Andrew’s football stadium for some months, her cry of “Can’t you tell the police?” made me reflect how far many of our inner cities have been abandoned by our key workers: our doctors and nurses drive in from afar, the police, as mentioned before, have shut down their stations and never venture in unless in extremis – they and ambulance crews have been known to be attacked – even the local Imam lives in a leafier area.
                  Only the priest remains, if you can get one – the thriving but clerically-vacant church down the road has had no applicant in two years. In their absence, we get stabbings that never make the news, dog- and cock-fighting rings, cars torched as pranks and cars used for peddling heroin. (One of the more amusing moments of our time came when a local lad provided one reason people often gave us stares when we drove past such deals: “Two white people wearing seatbelts – you’ve got to be cops.”) In their absence, we simply have the witness of those who are unlikely to be heard, who, through a variety of unfortunate circumstances, have not been able to move out: the elderly, the infirm, the illiterate, the chronically poor. Indeed, some of the Muslim residents deeply regret the flight of the non-Muslim population. It is they who now have to live in a crime-ridden ghetto.

Wonder where in Brum this could be? How many more sh!tholes like this have been allowed to develop thanks to the policies of our gutless liberal elite politricksters?
                  Reminds me of driving in North London, there was a long traffic jam that ended up on the High Street with a bus trying to get passed a double parked BMW with ethic minorities in it. The traffic wardens were just watching and too scared to do anything about the situation.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    And?

Btw, what's a Mussie?
                    A Mussie is a term a twat uses to describe a muslim.
                    He'll go on to defend his use of language thus confirming his status

Back to the original article, Singapore has an interesting method for preventing this problem. I'm not sure how it would go down here though!
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X