• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easjet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easjet

Meeting next week has been moved forward by one day. So I need to move my flights and hotel reservation forward by one day.

They want

£40 per passenger per flight (£80)
    £20 Hotel cancellation fee (the cannot change the booking, I have to cancel and rebook)

They can only do part of this over the phone, and part of this online.

Dirty robbing inefficient bastids.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

£60 fine for spelling the name wrong.

Really, just give up on the cheapos; I don't know where you're going, but KLM's usually cheapest to or from Holland once you've got past all the extra charges the rest slap on you, even though their advertised prices are expensive, and that probably applies to the national airline of where you're going.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Is that to go to Munich?

Isn't that where the 'planes crash?

Get the train.

Gotta be better than SleazyJet. You probably wouldn't survive.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Meeting next week has been moved forward by one day. So I need to move my flights and hotel reservation forward by one day.

They want

£40 per passenger per flight (£80)
        £20 Hotel cancellation fee (the cannot change the booking, I have to cancel and rebook)

They can only do part of this over the phone, and part of this online.

Dirty robbing inefficient bastids.
        Why are they inefficient? Look pretty efficient the way they've taken your money.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Is that to go to Munich?

Isn't that where the 'planes crash?

Get the train.

Gotta be better than SleazyJet. You probably wouldn't survive.
          Yep, Eurostar to Paris and TGV from there. Best way to travel in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Yep, Eurostar to Paris and TGV from there. Best way to travel in Europe.
            15 hours to Munich. Yep, nice.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              15 hours to Munich. Yep, nice.
              I bet it's a cracking journey scenery-wise. What's the food and wine like Mich?

Comment

It gets better than that. The seat you booked will have been purchased at a rate which is lower than they are currently charging - by giving up the seat (and paying to do so) you are allowing them to resel it an oa plane that is fairly full, so at a higher cost. Pretty efficient to me!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  I bet it's a cracking journey scenery-wise. What's the food and wine like Mich?
                  First class on the TGV or ICE? Pretty good for a train; served at your seat in the restaurant car; food's often quite 'Germanic', simple, straightforward but good quality and filling.

Of course, you could get the Eurostar to Paris, get the metro to Gare de Lyon, eat here then get a metro to Gare de l'Est and then a sleeper train to Munich, wake up in time for breakfast in one of those German bakeries that seems to want to turn everyone into a chocolate flavoured blimp, then walk to't Königshof for a few hours sleep, drink a large local brew and then have a 7 course dinner in what must be one of the finest restaurants in Germany, right there in your hotel.
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 18 January 2011, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    First class on the TGV or ICE? Pretty good for a train; served at your seat in the restaurant car; food's often quite 'Germanic', simple, straightforward but good quality and filling.
                    And probably costs a fraction of peak time ticket to London...

Comment

Working...
                    X