• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ok, Own Up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Own Up!

Looks like some of us dodgy contractors have been investigated by the IR again!

----------
    A massive police search is continuing for an armed gang on the run with up to £40 million in cash in what is thought to be Britain's biggest-ever robbery.

The Bank of England said at least £25 million had been stolen from a security depot on Wednesday, but sources said the true figure could be as high as £40 million, making it the biggest heist in British history.

The Governor of the Bank of England called for a review of security arrangements for the storage of banknotes following the raid on the Securitas cash depot in Tonbridge, Kent.

Kent Police said the heist began when the manager of Securitas' main cash depot south of the Thames was pulled over while driving near Maidstone by what he believed was an unmarked police car.

A man wearing a high-visibility jacket and "police-style" hat got out of the vehicle, which had blue lights in the radiator grille, and spoke to him. Thinking they were genuine police officers, the manager got into their car where they handcuffed him.

Can you help?
    Kent Police

Crimestoppers

Meanwhile, two more fake policemen visited the manager's wife and young son, told them the manager had been involved in an accident, and took them from their Herne Bay home, officers said.

The manager was driven off and the car was later met by a white van. He was tied up and put inside and taken to an unknown location where he was threatened at gunpoint and told to "cooperate or his family would be at risk", a Kent Police spokesman said.

He was later taken to the Vale Road security depot where at least six men, some masked and armed with handguns, threatened and tied up the staff.

The gang loaded the cash into a white lorry before driving off. Police were alerted about an hour later when the shocked but uninjured staff activated an alarm.

The manager, his wife and son - who had been taken to an undisclosed location - were also unhurt.

Police urged anyone with information to telephone their special incident room on 01622 652 361 or 652 366.

I reckon this manager guy is in on the robbery!

After all, that geezer over in Ireland who got kidnapped with his family ended up being one of the ring leaders!

Mailman

Comment

That's amazing - you read the news on a webpage and you're able to try and convict the guy on what you have heard. Truly, you should be leading our legal system with that sort of intuition.

Or you could be one of these ignorant little pr*cks who stand outside court threatening the accused.

Comment

It's not all good news, just got back the the Aston Martin dealr and I've got to wait 5 months for a DB9 and they won't let me pay for it all in CASH
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
          That's amazing - you read the news on a webpage and you're able to try and convict the guy on what you have heard. Truly, you should be leading our legal system with that sort of intuition.

Or you could be one of these ignorant little pr*cks who stand outside court threatening the accused.
          Missuss not giving you sex?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
            It's not all good news, just got back the the Aston Martin dealr and I've got to wait 5 months for a DB9 and they won't let me pay for it all in CASH
            Talk to Threaded - I'm sure he can put a word in.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Don't do that much for Fords anymore, but anything nice from VAG, such as a Lambo, no problem. I'd even put in a good word for you my little mammothrept.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X