• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegetarian food...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetarian food...

...just doesn't seem to fill me up. I had a hard training session yesterday evening, got home and had some pasta with veal in cream sauce. Woke up this morning, ate my banana pancake and a ham sandwich and came to work. Now at lunch the canteen were serving a vegetarian curry with rice, which looked quite filling, so I ate that along with a milkshake and a little tub of blancmangey-ish pudding. But I just didn't feel full, so I went back to the counter and ordered a large sausage. Now I feel pleasantly full, but not bloated.

Anyone with experience of vegetarian food who can advise on what's filling AND tasty?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ...just doesn't seem to fill me up. I had a hard training session yesterday evening, got home and had some pasta with veal in cream sauce. Woke up this morning, ate my banana pancake and a ham sandwich and came to work. Now at lunch the canteen were serving a vegetarian curry with rice, which looked quite filling, so I ate that along with a milkshake and a little tub of blancmangey-ish pudding. But I just didn't feel full, so I went back to the counter and ordered a large sausage. Now I feel pleasantly full, but not bloated.

Anyone with experience of vegetarian food who can advise on what's filling AND tasty?
    Masala dosa

Comment

As a gentle diet I have been on salad for lunch the last 2 weeks. Nothing else is changed, I eat normal dinner and breakfast and snacks.

I still feel full during the afternoon.

And I lose half a kilo per week.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Pav bhaji with dhal and a small naan bread does it for me.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Mich, mate.

Vegetables are the stuff that food eats.

HTH
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Mich, mate.

Vegetables are the stuff that food eats.

HTH
            I think you might be right. The suggestions are helpful, but they're tandoori, which doesn't react well with my gut. If the canteen continues this healthy-greeny-PC policy I might be forced to visit Os en Peper for lunch instead.

Comment

I usually follow up a vegetable meal, which will often contain at least some meat, with chocolate or other high calorie items. Chocolate usually. Also, I add meat and cheese to my salads, which are high in calories. Plus the salady part of the salad is usually quite small and tastes horrible, though high calorie salad cream helps a lot.

I don't often have salads though.

Comment

• Macaroni cheese
                • Pasta with tomato, mushroom and black olive sauce
                • Baked potato stuffed with chilli beans
                • Woolton Pie
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I usually follow up a vegetable meal, which will often contain at least some meat,

Almost all of the beer I drink, often over 94%, is water. So I'm a tee-totaller. No, really.

You remind me of the Austrian salad ... which contains bacon.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

[*]Macaroni cheese

[*]Pasta with tomato, mushroom and black olive sauce
                    Yes, will eat that.
                    [*]Baked potato stuffed with chilli beans
                    Yes, will eat that.
                    [*]Woolton Pie
                    Might try making that.

Comment

Working...
                    X