• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goldman Sachs's bonuses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldman Sachs's bonuses

"Bank plans $15.38bn (£9.6bn) staff reward despite profits in the fourth quarter tumbling by more than half from $4.95bn to $2.39bn.

The best-known bank on Wall Street saw profits for 2010 decline to $8.4bn from $13.4bn in 2009"

Source: Goldman Sachs fourth-quarter profits slide - Telegraph

Just wot the fook is going on here - bank pays out double actual profits? The stuff they pay out is real cash, but who can say that those profits booked were not just accounting adjustments on tulip assets they bought?!?!

Simple way to deal with bank or any other bonuses - they should not be more than 10% than dividends paid to shareholders.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Bank plans $15.38bn (£9.6bn) staff reward despite profits in the fourth quarter tumbling by more than half from $4.95bn to $2.39bn.

The best-known bank on Wall Street saw profits for 2010 decline to $8.4bn from $13.4bn in 2009"

Source: Goldman Sachs fourth-quarter profits slide - Telegraph

Just wot the fook is going on here - bank pays out double actual profits? The stuff they pay out is real cash, but who can say that those profits booked were not just accounting adjustments on tulip assets they bought?!?!

Simple way to deal with bank or any other bonuses - they should not be more than 10% than dividends paid to shareholders.
    Strategic losses, creative accounting. These guys are a masterclass in financial skullduggery.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Quit yer moaning and take your shafting quietly.
        If you want a piece of the action join a bank.
        And even the worse bank is more socially useful than you, AtW, with your piece of software that will be used simply for marketing purposes.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Quit yer moaning and take your shafting quietly.
          If you want a piece of the action join a bank.
          And even the worse bank is more socially useful than you, AtW, with your piece of software that will be used simply for marketing purposes.

HTH
          WHS.

At the end of the day, if you want to earn big bonuses then try and get a job at a big bank.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            WHS.

At the end of the day, if you want to earn big bonuses then try and get a job at a big bank.
            rob
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The point is - real owners of banks: the shareholders, get a raw deal - staff is helping themselves to pay more than they actually earn for real owners, is there any other "industry" that dares to act like this?!?!

Comment

The point is - real owners of banks: the shareholders, get a raw deal - staff is helping themselves to pay more than they actually earn for real owners, is there any other "industry" that dares to act like this?!?!
                I work in banking and I do have sympathy with this viewpoint. Never thought I'd agree with AtW.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Yes, all companies do. Companies only care about shareholders insofar as it benefits the company.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

If the shareholders don't like it they can always sell, you Soviet buffoon.

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X