• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk Talk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk Talk

Just watched Rip-Off Britain

Talk Talk messed this poor old codger around, saying his broadband problems were due to a borked router. But they kept on sending the replacements to the wrong address.

See the clip from 26 minutes where Gloria grills him on how inefficient they are and the sheer fact they sent out 8 routers before they got it right was pathetic and bad for business.

The reason given?

We have bought a lot of companies and are consolidating our IT systems to one system here in the UK.

Couple of points

1) It is not the fault of the IT system. It is the fault of the whole organisational strategy.
    2) Even with siloed information and duplicate records, to get it wrong 8 times is impressive.
    3) They don't want their IT abroad, they want it here in the UK. Why?
    4) How many more companies have the same ethos and want their IT here in the UK.
    5) Is this evidence that even large companies that want to be competitive don't trust Bobs.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Why would anyone possibly want to use a tulip ISP provider cobbled together from many other tulip providers?

ATW in "the Sky ADSL user" mode.

Comment

Well, there's some work in it for someone, no doubt. North Acton I believe.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Can't be better than the BT.wav...

http://www.wibble.co.uk/media/bt.wav
        Last edited by stek; 20 January 2011, 00:09.

Comment

Ahh Talk Talk - the company to run away from as quickly as possible.

I know people who have paid their contract in full to get away from the damn company early. <shudders>
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Ahh Talk Talk - the company to run away from as quickly as possible.

I know people who have paid their contract in full to get away from the damn company early. <shudders>
            Agreed, just received information on a compensation package from OTELO as I was caught up in the big national scandal case of TalkTalk billing after contract cancellation and then blaming it on their computer systems.

It got to the debt collectors taking me to court stage.

Unbelievable. I hope the company goes bust to be honest.

UPDATE: I've just received another email from TalkTalk demanding outstanding payments....FFS... looks like the case is still on!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

My landlord uses them and they are rubbish

Lots of dropped connections, rubbish routers that die quickly, IT support that involves talking to Bobs

I wouldn't use Talk Talk
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

We had Tiscali who were brilliant - till Talk Talk got their dirty mitts on them.
                Left them a few months ago after intermittent t'internet and phone working.
                Now on Virgin cable.
                But IMACs seem to have a wireless connectivity problem with them
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  We had Tiscali who were brilliant - till Talk Talk got their dirty mitts on them.
                  Left them a few months ago after intermittent t'internet and phone working.
                  Now on Virgin cable.
                  But IMACs seem to have a wireless connectivity problem with them
                  What make and model of router do you have?

Please say DLink so I can laugh at you.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    What make and model of router do you have?

Please say DLink so I can laugh at you.
                    Dlink.
                    Of course I've thought that could be the problem, but its only one of the many possibilities that I have to logically and metodically go through when i have time.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X