• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paid to Foogle!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid to Foogle!

Just been to client site, they've given me a brief over a massive data warehousing project they've sold to a multinational.

Their sales leaders did a massive pitch to a company using mashups & demoes around concepts cobbled together and did some fantastic presentations.

The multinational signed up!!

Only issue is, it doesn't actually exist yet. So I'm in first.

The brief.

Work out what the hell we sold them & find out what the following list of 25 applications/ERP's/databases/portals do, then come back in four weeks with a top level analysis of the
    systems and where they fit into the hither unknown requirements oh and knock up an initial project plan.

We reckon it will take two weeks for you to Google everything and write it up. Goodbye. So I'm back home Foogling.

I love this type of startup thing.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

If you need mega-fast scripts to slurp a load of constantly arriving raw data into a database, I'm your guy.

I wrote a suite of those at my last clientco, although TBO it's not that hard (although not trivial either).
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Just been to client site, they've given me a brief over a massive data warehousing project they've sold to a multinational.

Their sales leaders did a massive pitch to a company using mashups & demoes around concepts cobbled together and did some fantastic presentations.

The multinational signed up!!

Only issue is, it doesn't actually exist yet. So I'm in first.

The brief.

Work out what the hell we sold them & find out what the following list of 25 applications/ERP's/databases/portals do, then come back in four weeks with a top level analysis of the
      systems and where they fit into the hither unknown requirements oh and knock up an initial project plan.

We reckon it will take two weeks for you to Google everything and write it up. Goodbye. So I'm back home Foogling.

I love this type of startup thing.

All your jobs/contracts start like this!

Fantastic!

Brilliant!

Super!

Then, a few weeks in it's with the PM, with the MD and finally, after all sorts of stand up rows, bitching and back biting it's

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Fantastic!

Brilliant!

Super!

Then, a few weeks in it's with the PM, with the MD and finally, after all sorts of stand up rows, bitching and back biting it's

Already been at this client.

They invited me back.

Comment

Already been at this client.

They invited me back.

Comment

Fantastic!

Brilliant!

Super!

Sounds like "agile" to me
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Sounds like "agile" to me
              He's dodged a few fists if that's what you mean.

Comment

He's dodged a few fists if that's what you mean.
                I'm like the Kung Fu Panda!

Comment

I'm like the Kung Fu Panda!
                  Overweight, a little bit dim and prone to solving problems with violence?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Overweight, a little bit dim and prone to solving problems with violence?
                    errrrr. Yeah I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                    X