• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutuality of Obligation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutuality of Obligation

Please Lord how I wish I had this in my permie contract, then I could just feck off home, rather than pretending to do non-work work, which is the situation I've been in for the last 3 weeks.

I went to Dyas today to buy a new hacksaw. I'm so bored I might start sawing off my own fingers at my desk just for something to do.

Ho Hum.

This is what smart phones were invented for

If you can't surf at your desk, just surf and turf
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

It will seem worth it when the invoice is paid.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
        It will seem worth it when the invoice is paid.
        He's a permie dude. RTFOP.

HTH
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          This is what smart phones were invented for

If you can't surf at your desk, just surf and turf
          Just learn some stuff, new skills, enjoy yourself. Think you are lucky to be paid to do whatever you want all day (within the confines of sat at your desk).

Set up your home computer as a remote desktop, then you can do what you like on the net without anyone the wiser.

The occasional lunch date really helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Please Lord how I wish I had this in my permie contract, then I could just feck off home, rather than pretending to do non-work work, which is the situation I've been in for the last 3 weeks.

I went to Dyas today to buy a new hacksaw. I'm so bored I might start sawing off my own fingers at my desk just for something to do.

Ho Hum.
            Have you tried signing up to www.permieuk.co.uk ?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Have you tried signing up to www.permieuk.co.uk ?
              Couple of things, sorry it's my inner bedwetter.

1 That site doesn't exist.
              2 While I get that Moorfield has set himself up for ritual teasing by actually posting on here, and it is an open goal, I get the impression he just doesn't need it. The last thing we want is to be responsible for tipping him over the edge and him going on a gun toting killing spree. So a little decorum if you please.

That said, why doesn't the bedwetting permie put his time to good use and actually publish www.permieuk.co.uk and get rich. Boomed.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                2 While I get that Moorfield has set himself up for ritual teasing by actually posting on here, and it is an open goal, I get the impression he just doesn't need it.

give a toss

I suspect like me many turncoats would continue lurking or posting here anyway. It's by far and away the most engaging forum I "attend" regularly.

In my area the gigs just aren't around this year, so I 'd rather be a working permie than a benched contractor with a growing gap on my CV wondering when and where the next gig is going to come from. Continuity of experience and income I believe is paramount in the current climate ...
                Last edited by moorfield; 22 January 2011, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

give a toss

I suspect like me many turncoats would continue lurking or posting here anyway. It's by far and away the most engaging forum I "attend" regularly.

In my area the gigs just aren't around this year, so in the current climate I 'd rather be a working permie rather than a benched contractor with a growing gap on my CV wondering when and where the next gig is going to come from.

Quite right. I was just teasing. I really hope things pick up for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X