• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More joy for those whose incomes aren't rising

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More joy for those whose incomes aren't rising

Motor insurance premiums up by 34pc - Telegraph

This will please AtW I'm sure.

I was surprised that my car insurance went down this year. Only £202 fully comp.

Comment

Mine was up over £100 and the wife's doubled!
      So we're seriously thinking of taking her's off the road.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Given the hastle of ever claiming for anything I'm surprised anyone bothers with insurance.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          Mine was up over £100 and the wife's doubled!
          So we're seriously thinking of taking her's off the road.
          putting her rate up
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            putting her rate up
            Good point. Why does his wife have to
            clients houses when she can stay at home or ply her trade down some seedy alley.

Good thinking SY.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Love it.

Originally posted by The Telegraph
              The Telegraph is campaigning for tougher penalties for uninsured drivers in order to deal with this problem. A new system announced this month by Mike Penning, the Transport Minister, means that uninsured drivers can be fined as little as £50, giving them little incentive to pay the soaring premiums.

Uninsured drivers are five times more likely to be involved in road collisions, to fail to comply with other road traffic requirements, and to be engaged in other criminal activity, according the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). One in five uninsured drivers fail to stop at a the scene of an accident they have been involved in.

Get up to 65 per cent no claims discount on your car insurance from Telegraph Money. Call 0800 496 1797 for a quote

Comment

Why on Earth don't they simply confiscate and destroy any uninsured vehicles stopped on the road?!

As always, their pussy footing around means a potentially tiny problem has mushroomed to huge proportions
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Good point. Why does his wife have to
                  clients houses when she can stay at home or ply her trade down some seedy alley.

Good thinking SY.
                  You obviously haven't seen the alley's around here. Seedy would be a nice one.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Why on Earth don't they simply confiscate and destroy any uninsured vehicles stopped on the road?!
                    They do - you should watch Road Wars - makes it look like the Police are competent, even-handed and keeping the Middle Classes safe so they can sleep at night.
                    Reminds me of the poor sap who had moved to France, insured his car over there properly but hadn't re-registered it yet (French red tape) but got stopped back in England on a Weekend trip. English plate but no insurance meant it got confiscated and he had to walk home.......

Comment

Working...
                    X