• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

promoting services thru website ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

promoting services thru website ...

Do you chaps have websites to promote your contracting/consulting services?

I'd assume one wouldn't get much work that way anyhow ...

Was thinking of sticking a page or two together ... not sure what to stick on ... care to post URL's for inspiration?

I don't but apparently it's a pointer to being a "real business" (referring to IR35 etc).

So it's a good idea.

I wanted one but then I decided that I was no good at creating one.

Comment

I have a website but I don't really promote it, or use it to get business. It's just there because some people can't cope with the idea that a business might not have a website.

Comment

I have one but I don't really promote it. I also have to be careful with it here in Germany as it counts as advertising and could make me self emloyed and not a freelancer which then means I have to pay more tax. It has brought me work though, including some lucrative contracts with CA.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by madhippy
          Do you chaps have websites to promote your contracting/consulting services?

I'd assume one wouldn't get much work that way anyhow ...

Was thinking of sticking a page or two together ... not sure what to stick on ... care to post URL's for inspiration?
          I've had one for years: it's just a classic CV put onto a static web page. I do get a lot of calls from it. None ever from clients directly, only agents. And quite a few of them reveal that they either have an out-of date copy or even have never actually seen it themselves (as in, calls about a contract in France when it says in large red bold print at the top centre* that I will not work in France), so I suspect there's another level of parasxxxx symbiotics here who search for CVs online and sell them to agencies...

* wasn't it Germaine Greer who asked, "right in front, in the centre, what's so hard to find?"

Comment

I have several. All really really bad. Gets me loads of business. I don't claim to be a master marketter, so it makes no sense to me.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I don't have one. Waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                I don't claim to be a master marketter
                Blimey! That's a first!

What else are you crap at Threaded? The public want to know.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                  Blimey! That's a first!

What else are you crap at Threaded? The public want to know.
                  Well 'e can't flamin' drive for a start!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    Well 'e can't flamin' drive for a start!

Ha! Well I hope you put his premiums up after that old puppy!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X