• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pleurisy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleurisy

Thought this was some medieval disease that you invariably die from & nobody got it any more.

You can imagine that they scared the bejeezus out of me last night in hospital when they gave this as the explanation for why I've been immobilised with excruciating pains in my chest for the last 24 hours.

Apparently I'll be right as rain in a few days after a course of antibiotics

My uncle had pleurisy.

He died two weeks later.

HTH

Comment

When I was little, I had an elder brother who had pleurisy.

That was 30-odd years go and he's most definitely still alive.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

My ex had pleurisy

she didn't die (worse luck)

Comment

My Gran never had pleurisy.

She still died though.

Comment

I had Pleurisy many years ago. Very painful and incapacitated me for 6 months.

I'm still alive though. Although sometimes sitting here as I do behind my desk I pray for death.
            Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Blimey. Get better soon.

Are you very old?
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

A schoolmate caught pleurisy after falling in the river.

He survived.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

My wife had pleurisy when she was a smoker.

A year later she had pneumonia and was hospitalised for 2 weeks and gave up the smokes due to not being able to get out of bed. It took her easily 6 months to recover.

Take it easy and best wishes

Comment

This'll cheer you up.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X