• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you read that make you laugh uncontrollably to yourself on public transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you read that make you laugh uncontrollably to yourself on public transport

This has never happened to me before. Until today.

I was reading Stewart Lee's Life and Deaths of a Stand Up Comedian book on the train home this evening, and it has had me crying uncontrollably with laughter all the way home.

I'm still having trouble typing this as I think about his Ang Lee / Incredible Hulk gag which started it all off.

Stewart Lee is a genius.

Examples?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

You had to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Examples?
        Too many to start listing here.

Although I think it helps if you've seen Stewart Lee before so you know his delivery style as you read some of the transcripts.

Comment

Public transport!

Peasant.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Too many to start listing here.

Although I think it helps if you've seen Stewart Lee before so you know his delivery style as you read some of the transcripts.
            Awright just one then, can't be arsed to interrupt my listening pleasure to search YouTube.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Awright just one then, can't be arsed to interrupt my listening pleasure to search YouTube.

YouTube - Stewart Lee - The Values Of The Carphone Warehouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdByz...eature=related
              Last edited by moorfield; 21 January 2011, 22:35.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Public transport!

Peasant
                permie
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  permie
                  I fear it will be not too much longer. It's not working out too well,
                  as I might have alluded to in my sawing off my fingers post earlier this week.

If I have the time I'll post more on this.

But for now I'm wintering in the cosy warm glow of permiedom doing some skilling up and bunging the occasional sickie.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    I fear it will be not too much longer. It's not working out too well,
                    as I might have alluded to in my sawing off my fingers post earlier this week.

If I have the time I'll post more on this.

But for now I'm wintering in the cosy warm glow of permiedom doing some skilling up and bunging the occasional sickie.
                    Aww chin up fella. Got your health.

Just because they bore you titless doesn't mean things aren't working out. Remember how to be a permie again. And remember it's only temporary. Contracting work will return.

Waiting to hear more about what specifically is going wrong.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X