• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

15.5%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15.5%

I noticed a red in my latest case boasts this. It sounds a bit over the top to me and I'm wondering if I should swap it for something. Do they make decent wines this strong?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I know people who make their own wine to a similar strength (tulipe). Can't say I've ever come across a decent wine of such strength personally but the proof is in the drinking.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I know people who make their own wine to a similar strength (tulipe). Can't say I've ever come across a decent wine of such strength personally but the proof is in the drinking.
      If intended, quite a good pun.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Up 'til recently, the strongest wine you could get without fortification was 15%, because then the yeast gets killed and fermentation stops. Now they've got some new super yeasts - so 15.5 (and I think even 16) is possible. High alcohol comes from a high sugar content in the grape and usually makes for a nice smooth easy drinking wine, and thumping hangover...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          If intended, quite a good pun.
          Of course!
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I noticed a red in my latest case boasts this. It sounds a bit over the top to me and I'm wondering if I should swap it for something. Do they make decent wines this strong?
            If you get wine by the case, is that not to sample it?

Why don't you tell us if it's any good?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              If you get wine by the case, is that not to sample it?

Why don't you tell us if it's any good?
              Ahem, one would want to protect ones palate by consulting the plebs first. A fine ruse.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Ahem, one would want to protect ones palate by consulting the plebs first.
                OK, fairy nuffski.

Oi! Dooohg! Fecking get it down yer neck, you big girl's blouse.

Put some furkin lemonade in, if you must.

HTH

There. A pleb has spoken.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  OK, fairy nuffski.

Oi! Dooohg! Fecking get it down yer neck, you big girl's blouse.

Put some furkin lemonade in, if you must.

HTH

There. A pleb has spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    Up 'til recently, the strongest wine you could get without fortification was 15%, because then the yeast gets killed and fermentation stops. Now they've got some new super yeasts - so 15.5 (and I think even 16) is possible. High alcohol comes from a high sugar content in the grape and usually makes for a nice smooth easy drinking wine, and thumping hangover...
                    Actually it's even higher than that k2p2 - 23%. Primarily used in generating a mulch for use in distillation rather than drinking raw as it will taste foul (lots of nutrients and additives such as activated charcol) to create an environment to ensure yeast survivability.

More here...

hyperD in "desperately thinking about buying a still" mode
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X