• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England's Posen Sees U.K. Inflation Slowing `Well Below' 2% Target

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England's Posen Sees U.K. Inflation Slowing `Well Below' 2% Target

Bank of England's Posen Sees U.K. Inflation Slowing `Well Below' 2% Target - Bloomberg

Anyone noticed how things are getting smaller and more expensive in the shops? It may be my imagination but the packet of salad I was contemplating buying today was not only 1.5 times the price I paid last time, but also seemed to contain little in the way of green stuff.

Bank of England policy maker Adam Posen dismissed the recent burst of inflation as temporary, indicating he may keep pushing for more stimulus to aid the economic recovery.

I tried to point this out to Milan.

BoE are itching to print more billions in order to stoke hyperinflation and effectively negate all our debt.

Comment

The BoE website actually states that they usually work to an approximate 2 year lag effect for any change of monetary policy. In March 2009 the BoE began its quantitative easing programme.

I guess we'll soon see if Posen is right...

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Anyone noticed how things are getting smaller and more expensive in the shops? It may be my imagination but the packet of salad I was contemplating buying today was not only 1.5 times the price I paid last time, but also seemed to contain little in the way of green stuff.
        Yes, I noticed all processed food has gone up significantly. I guess that's the effects of a real inflation rate of around 10%.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

So, if I get this right, they're not actually being up front and honest with us about the real rate of inflation and their intentions?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            So, if I get this right, they're not actually being up front and honest with us about the real rate of inflation and their intentions?
            Inflation a good way of writing off a trillion or two, but not so good for individuals with pension savings ...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Once you've done a stint in the public sector and seen the difference between a KPI's original definition and the way it is interpreted in the spec. for the actual report that spews the number out, you'll lose any faith in any government indicator.

Except the ones issued by the ONS, of course.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
              X