• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

anti agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anti agency

I can't believe it! I've been visiting the dark-side since ir35 started - and no ones found a way to scrape-off the agencies yet??

Did the social-software movement pass by unnoticed?

Off-the-top-of-my-head ... how about, an agency sends me for an interview, I unfortunately fail, then post all the details I have anonymously?

... or, we make our own job-serve. I could set it up hosted free in a day easy.

discuss ...

Richard
    Last edited by richard101; 22 January 2011, 05:56.

Again please, but this time in English.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Again please, but this time in English.
      I read it twice; I thought it was just me.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I read it twice; I thought it was just me.
        I think what he's saying is...

say you go for a job at client X.... and fail... now he knows that Client X is hiring.. so why not post that here .. Client X needs job Y.. and we all send them our CVs....

amirite?

interesting......

problem is, if agency W stops getting commission then will just move onto another mark I guess.
        Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by richard101 View Post
          I can't believe it! I've been visiting the dark-side since ir35 started - and no ones found a way to scrape-off the agencies yet??

Did the social-software movement pass by unnoticed?

Off-the-top-of-my-head ... how about, an agency sends me for an interview, I unfortunately fail, then post all the details I have anonymously?

... or, we make our own job-serve. I could set it up hosted free in a day easy.

discuss ...

Richard
          You're only posting this as DodgyAgent is being held hostage in Antigua and won't be back for a couple of years. Coward!
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Sorry fella's, it was all perfectly simple in my dream I'll try once more ...

1) An agency sends me for an interview.
            2) If my interview is unsuccessful, I anonymously post online the details that I have about it (eg: company, position, rate, interviewers-name etc).
            3) The interviewer finds appropriate CV's on his desk/inbox - with no agency fee.

... yes? ... habla lucid?

richard
            Last edited by richard101; 22 January 2011, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by richard101 View Post
              Sorry fella's, it was all perfectly lucid & simple in my dream

1) An agency sends me for an interview.
              2) After attending the interview (or later, when I find out I failed), I anonymously post online the details that I have about it (eg: company, position, rate, interviewers-name etc).

richard
              Problem is us proper contractors get the gig first time all the time, right guys?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

End clients just don't work that way. Easier for them just to sub it all out to their PSLs to sort out. Social networking like linkedin has it place now for poaching former colleagues etc. but that doesn't happen too often.

Comment

thanks moorfield
                  end clients'll do what works best surely? (RIP Leslie Nielson)

thanks suityou01
                  I guess you replied to draft, sorry for editing so much
                  Last edited by richard101; 22 January 2011, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Problem is us proper contractors get the gig first time all the time, right guys?

Word
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X