• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Options

I would be greatful if anyone can recommend umbrella option as I'm just about to start contracting. I have a little experience of Giant and, with this latest contract JSA was recommended however, I've read what has been said about them and, decided they are not for me. I would have gone down the Orange Genie route however, I have made three requests for them to call and discuss their business, to date no call has materialised (shame as I thought they seemed the best option). I can only conclude they are too busy to take on new business (very unprofessional)

Originally posted by TomDolan
    I would be greatful if anyone can recommend umbrella option as I'm just about to start contracting. I have a little experience of Giant and, with this latest contract JSA was recommended however, I've read what has been said about them and, decided they are not for me. I would have gone down the Orange Genie route however, I have made three requests for them to call and discuss their business, to date no call has materialised (shame as I thought they seemed the best option). I can only conclude they are too busy to take on new business (very unprofessional)
    Generally I find the well-made large black umbrellas are a little more robust than the compact girly ones. But best of all are the large corporate golf umbrellas. Their metallic infrastructure is designed to withstand the highest winds.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would be greatful if anyone can recommend umbrella option

Lots more here though:-

http://www.contractoruk.com/director...companies.html
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

When Giant and JSA get mentioned on here, it's usually in a rather negative light. I have never used either for anything, but I know several who have and all without exception had major problems somewhere along the way.
        Orange Genie used to be very good, and went seriously downhill a couple of years ago. Until fairly recently I was using Parasol, and they are probably the only brolly that get decent recommendations on here.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

My stock answer is stay the hell away from Prosperity4, and can recommend Parasol. Both based on personal experience.

Comment

I use ContractorUmbrella and they have always been very good

Comment

Thanks

Appreciate the feedback guys thx

Comment

Working...
              X