• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chelsea Tour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea Tour

I am taking my little boy on a tour of the Chelsea stadium tomorrow, covering the changing areas, pitch, trophy room and museum. We will also be able to see the fa cup and other trophies. He is a Chelsea fan, I am not, but should be a good morning out anyway

The next paragraph is direct quotation from the source listed below it:

"After Sibneft, Abramovich's next target was the aluminium industry. After privatisation the 'aluminium wars' lead to murders of smelting plant managers, metals traders and journalists as groups battled for control of the industry. Abramovich famously emerged winner in the aluminium wars.[28] The Times stated that in a BBC investigation into Abramovich's wealth, reporter John Sweeney noted that, after the oligarch (Abramovich) emerged at the top of the trade, the murders stopped.[32]"

Source: Roman Abramovich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Success can be bought, reputation has to be earned.

Comment

I hope he enjoys his tour. I first went to a game there as an 11-year-old, when it still had a dog-track round it.

Being so far from the pitch meant that the atmosphere wasn't great. That's a mistake that West Ham are destined to repeat if they move to Stratford.

Comment

Working...
      X