• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pyramid selling scams and job sites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pyramid selling scams and job sites

<sigh> Yet another email trying to convince me I need a "career opportunity with our Company".

This time it is EFI Group (again) with their Forever Living Products pyramid selling crap.

If it's not them its Amway or one of the others.

Every time I upload my CV to the various job sites, these emails start coming in.

And, of course, these things are always USA-based where the originators are hailed as financial geniuses.

And that is used to convince stupid people that joining in will make them rich, rich, rich too.

Can nothing be done to stop the stupidity of gullible, greedy people?

Why can we not use our 'secret service' to do something useful like hunt down the people that start these things and kill them? Slowly.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

I've changed my CV from having a MyLtdCo domain name address to a RichardCranium @gmail.com address.

That way Google can manage the spam for me, and I can just throw the address away and get another if I wish.

Hey ho. 16 years I've been giving out the same email address for all gig and employment-related communication. And now I'm ditching it.

I've dropped my postal address from my CV, too, since it just seems to be used as a way of agents deciding a gig is too far away for me.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      <sigh> Yet another email trying to convince me I need a "career opportunity with our Company".

This time it is EFI Group (again) with their Forever Living Products pyramid selling crap.

If it's not them its Amway or one of the others.

Every time I upload my CV to the various job sites, these emails start coming in.

And, of course, these things are always USA-based where the originators are hailed as financial geniuses.

And that is used to convince stupid people that joining in will make them rich, rich, rich too.

Can nothing be done to stop the stupidity of gullible, greedy people?

Why can we not use our 'secret service' to do something useful like hunt down the people that start these things and kill them? Slowly.
      I’ve published a book on how to avoid pyramid selling scams. It’s absolutely free. All you need to purchase 100 copies that you can sell on to an existing customer base.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        I've changed my CV from having a MyLtdCo domain name address to a RichardCranium @gmail.com address.

That way Google can manage the spam for me, and I can just throw the address away and get another if I wish.

Hey ho. 16 years I've been giving out the same email address for all gig and employment-related communication. And now I'm ditching it.

I've dropped my postal address from my CV, too, since it just seems to be used as a way of agents deciding a gig is too far away for me.
        Thats a good start Richard.

next, remove date of birth, sex, sexual orientation, architectural qualifications and weekly alcohol units. I guarantee you will get a job sooner than you otherwise would probably have

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's evident that they've given up choosing candidates based on whether they can actually do the job or not. As you imply, better to play their game. Make out you're local to whichever contract they're advertising, have never had a gap in contracting, and have 5 years+ exposure to any new fad they require, even if it's only been out a year. Obviously the "much cheapness" would be a nice additional attribute to have, but there again, why go contracting if you're going to lose money?
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

As a side point, you can get gmail to read your existing email account, or you can even (for free) transfer your LtdCo email handling to google apps standard edition.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X