• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long should you pay commission for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long should you pay commission for?

<deleted>
    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 19:04.
    Bwana

I reckon you're a mug.

Mr A should have, at best, got a bottle of Scotch for Xmas and that was it.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

This uncannily similar to a problem I had ten years ago.
      I was Bonking this bird in Liverpool and she introduced me to her sister. I immediately started to kn0b the sister, but now I had a problem. what to give MsA ? 10%, 50% or nothing ?

So I carried on giving them both 100% , minus a bit for stagflation

hope this made-up-story has been helpful

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        This uncannily similar to a problem I had ten years ago.
        I was Bonking this bird in Liverpool and she introduced me to her sister. I immediately started to kn0b the sister, but now I had a problem. what to give MsA ? 10%, 50% or nothing ?

So I carried on giving them both 100% , minus a bit for stagflation

hope this made-up-story has been helpful

Of course, it could have just been Wilmslow with two different dresses.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          I reckon you're a mug.

Mr A should have, at best, got a bottle of Scotch for Xmas and that was it.
          Yep agreed.

Though I think 10% of the first job was probably a decent fee to agree on, there is nothing in writing for it carry on forever.

Comment

10% after the first job. After that you have earned the repeat business and zero commission

Comment

10% commission on the total invoice value of the first piece of work for client "B". Unless you believe that "Mr A" will get you more work, then you should offer a discount on his future works, instead of a commission.
              Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
                10% commission on the total invoice value of the first piece of work for client "B". Unless you believe that "Mr A" will get you more work, then you should offer a discount on his future works, instead of a commission.
                WHS.

A consideration on the first piece of work maybe, but unless your friend is adding value on later efforts then that's been your own work gaining reputation with your client.

Comment

^WTS

But well done for laying the foundation for pissing off Mr A and any potential future referrals.

Comment

Working...
                  X