• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Destination Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Destination Recommendations

We've decided to move up from the caravan this year and Butlins and I need recommendations for a good holiday destination for the last week in April and 1st Week in May(missing the half term).

Been to the Lopesan hotels in Gran Canaria a couple of times which are large 5* Star complexs pretty good for children.

Anyone have recommentations for good spacious 4* + Hotels and locations for families with kids, within 5 hours of the UK and hot?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Pick a Greek island

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
      Pick a Greek island
      What's Atlantis like at this time of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        What's Atlantis like at this time of the year?
        Wet.

Comment

I hear Tunisia is hot.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Come to Scotland, best time of year to visit, the spring that is.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Between £4k and £8k for two weeks for the places I'm looking at!!

I reckon I can probably get a decent family tent from Argos for £150. Pitch up for £20 per day round the UK and then take the tent back after two weeks saying it's not very good.

Right. 2 weeks camping + sandwiches from Tescos.

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Between £4k and £8k for two weeks for the places I'm looking at!!

I reckon I can probably get a decent family tent from Argos for £150. Pitch up for £20 per day round the UK and then take the tent back after two weeks saying it's not very good.

Right. 2 weeks camping + sandwiches from Tescos.

Sorted.
                You can camp in Tenerife for next to nothing. Flights are cheap and you can teach the kids to tie knots and go hiking. That campsite is by the beach and airport, but I've not tried it. Why have luxury on a holiday when you can do [boring] luxury better at home.

Comment

Only four hours away

BTW, use the search for flights facility
                  Last edited by Paddy; 24 January 2011, 00:11.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Wherever you decide to go, pop in here first to let us know. There is usually someone around with 'local knowledge' on the hazards and pitfalls, who is only too happy to make your holiday a success

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X