• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking in new shoes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking in new shoes

I bought a great pair of flats to wear for walking to work at the weekend. They fit lovely apart from the backs which mangled my heels during a walk yesterday (this was not noticed when trying them on in the shop )

Can the panel recommend ways of softening the backs or am I just going to have to put plasters on every morning along with my socks?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I bought a great pair of flats to wear for walking to work at the weekend. They fit lovely apart from the backs which mangled my heels during a walk yesterday (this was not noticed when trying them on in the shop )

Can the panel recommend ways of softening the backs or am I just going to have to put plasters on every morning along with my socks?
    Simple - give them to your submissive to break in. You will get nicely broken in shoes, and the submissive will consider the pain a pleasure.

Will only work if you share the same shoe size though....

Other than that, I always plan ahead for new shoes. I buy the same pair as currently wearing before I need them, and break them in every other day for a few days when the time comes.

Comment

You can get gel pads for shoes, I find they work well.
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Ugh, I hate that.

I used a spray once, to soften and/or stretch the shoe, which worked.

Give the soles a wipe and wear them round the house tonight with some socks and plasters on too?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

warm a table spoon and rub the back of the shoe into the heel for 5/10 mins, working the curve. This will soften the heel

Comment

Eeeh Cojack, but when you slip them off.what bliss. takes me back to me first marriage. She was a cyber bitch from hell, my boss was a retarded fascist, and the house was always full of green-nosed screaming kids. I made a point of buying shoes that were half a size too small, with rigid ,blistermaking heels.

The only pleasure I had in life, was to lock myself in the dunny, and take those blooming shoes off

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Use compeed heel bandaids.
              They are great.
              You can leave them on for a few days.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I imagine you'll break them in with a bit of wear, assuming they aren't solid plastic like a pair of trainers I bought last summer, which were at least one size too small. Those turned one of my big toenail black and the blackness is still working its way all the way out. I did subsequently break those shoes in to the extent that I can wear them without walking with my toes curled up much of the time, but not to the extent where I am comfortable in them. Usually I can break shoes in but these are solid plastic resilient to stretching. So much for the word 'plastic'.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                  Use compeed heel bandaids.
                  They are great.
                  You can leave them on for a few days.
                  Actually yes, I've used these and they are brill.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Pee on them. That'll soften the leather.

Ask Wilmslow. His shoes must be like moccasins.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X