• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a crap day.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a crap day.

Annual appraisal (non pay related so why???) time – boss doing the blame the appraisee for things not going well thing, and also saying do not send me any emails because he is to busy bollox as well. Why do bosses only save how they really feel for once a year and expect us to mind read?

Also got a suicide fax sent to the wrong extension from some poor sod in another work area who cannot take any more of the company, so taken that to HR which caused some interesting activity. Made me actually shed a tear which is rather embarrassing in a large open plan office.

Three and a half hours to get through.

How is the contract market looking these days? On the plus side boss may be signing me up reluctantly to convert PrinceII foundation to Practitioner, so may well open the way to some more scintillating PM work instead of this drudgery.

To cap my morning off, the urinal pots burst into life when in mid flow, so I am covered in piss scented water on my fresh on today work trousers.

Living the dream.

At least your shoe leather will be soft.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      At least your shoe leather will be soft.
      You actually made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        To cap my morning off, the urinal pots burst into life when in mid flow, so I am covered in piss scented water on my fresh on today work trousers.
        What kind of urinal sprays water like that? Had someone carefully positioned a toilet-mint to reflect the water at you?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Annual appraisal (non pay related so why???) time – boss doing the blame the appraisee for things not going well thing, and also saying do not send me any emails because he is to busy bollox as well. Why do bosses only save how they really feel for once a year and expect us to mind read?

Also got a suicide fax sent to the wrong extension from some poor sod in another work area who cannot take any more of the company, so taken that to HR which caused some interesting activity. Made me actually shed a tear which is rather embarrassing in a large open plan office.

Three and a half hours to get through.

How is the contract market looking these days? On the plus side boss may be signing me up reluctantly to convert PrinceII foundation to Practitioner, so may well open the way to some more scintillating PM work instead of this drudgery.

Living the dream.
          Good ol' Karma.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What kind of urinal sprays water like that? Had someone carefully positioned a toilet-mint to reflect the water at you?
            I have nearly been on the receiving end of the same problem as Wilmslow describes.

At previous ClientCo, the automated urinal flush very nearly fills the urinal. If you are having a pee when it starts, it WILL overflow.

So you find yourself standing there thinking "It'll stop, and I can't. Surely it'll stop. It can't carry on. Well I can't stop" and then your shoes are wet.

When it nearly happened to me, I was alone and could do the swift sideways shuffle and continue peeing in the urinal next to the overflowing one, with an air of innocence.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I have nearly been on the receiving end of the same problem as Wilmslow describes.

At previous ClientCo, the automated urinal flush very nearly fills the urinal. If you are having a pee when it starts, it WILL overflow.

So you find yourself standing there thinking "It'll stop, and I can't. Surely it'll stop. It can't carry on. Well I can't stop" and then your shoes are wet.

When it nearly happened to me, I was alone and could do the swift sideways shuffle and continue peeing in the urinal next to the overflowing one, with an air of innocence.
              Just hope that nobody notices the line of piss on the wall between the urinals?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Just hope that nobody notices the line of piss on the wall between the urinals?
                I peed on the floor between the two. Well, it was going to overflow anyway.

Also got a suicide fax sent to the wrong extension from some poor sod in another work area who cannot take any more of the company, so taken that to HR which caused some interesting activity.
                Could it have been a wind-up?

Many years ago at Huge Corporate plc, when we were bored we'd type up fake rude / offensive / bitching / suicidal / whatever letters or emails and send them to a random printer in the building.

So if Fred Bloggs phoned and had a go at us for something failing, we might write an email from Fred Bloggs to his associate John Smith saying he agreed that the photos of the receptionist taken when pissed and topless in the wine bar were very good photos and that he had forwarded them on to his mates. This would then get printed on, say, a departmental director's secretary's printer.

These tended to work best when the email administrator was in a foul mood - which was often. He'd rummage through people's inboxes to find some dirt that we could use.

This was the outfit where a security guard was routinely downgrading PCs and selling the RAM & processors. And where the Phantom Crapper left turds in people' desks. And where they had a plain text textfile of passwords for high-profile clients' ... hey, I'm not going to tell you about that!

Sorry, Wilmslow, I seem to have stolen your thread. You were going to tell us all about your appraisal...

Comment

Don't they all start flushing at once, like opening all the overflow valves at the Hoover dam? Or perhaps I'm exaggerating slightly.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This was the outfit where the Phantom Crapper left turds in people' desks.

Comment

Working...
                    X