• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missbevaing cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missbevaing cats

One of my cats has taken to going downstairs and crapping by the pool room instead of using the litter tray like all the cats still do

Is there anything you can spray that will put them off ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    One of my cats has taken to going downstairs and crapping by the pool room instead of using the litter tray like all the cats still do

This sounds like a territorial issue. If you scare the cat away it will just go somewhere else. Try putting a second litter tray by the pool room.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Buckshots
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I've found the following solution works.

You need to explain to the cat the correct place to poop. We have a problem with local neighbourhood cats coming into the garden.

I do this by getting a tasty morsel to entice the cat, some cat litter and then getting the wife to empty it into a tray. This makes the cat watch the morsel and tray very carefully.

I then move behind the cat very quietly as to not startle it. Then when still mesmerized I smack the dirty creature over the head with a large metal spade shouting 'You dirty dirty ******* animal' before putting it in a sack cloth and leaving it on the doorstep of the neighbours at around midnight.

I find this works 100%.

hth

MF
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Check that the cat isn't being stressed out by anything with in the house or externally.

Has there been a change in environment or what you do on a daily basis, cats are creatures of habit and any change to their daily routine can often cause them to act out.
          Or have you bought a new peice of furniture or using a strong smelling cleaning product.

Also check that the litter tray isn't full as it could be your cats way of telling you the litter tray is dirty.

Try this on the area he keeps crapping on as it will take away the smell.

Also invest in some feliway diffuser for s short period as he's obviously stressed out about summat.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Misbehaving Cats

Ask around at some of the local pet store, you can get a product which is basically dried Lion crap, pop that into a plant pot or something in the pool room and Tiddles (Dumbbumb, Crappy or whatever the cats name is) won't even go into the pool room as he/she/it will think that its a Lion's crapper and won't want to go in there as he might get eaten when Simba turns up for a #2!

Silent Roar | Cat Repellent | Cat Deterrent | Silent Roar Online

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Check that the cat isn't being stressed out by anything with in the house or externally.
              Other than being regularly raped by her tomcat brother, and having two dogs in the house it's a pretty quiet life for a cat

Comment

Try acid. If you will try to keep feral vermin as "pets" what can you expect?

Comment

You have a poolroom? The kind with sticks or the kind with swimming?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You have a poolroom? The kind with sticks or the kind with swimming?
                    The kind with sticks, I'm not that rich

Downstairs theres a larder, a pool room and a gym. Having a swimming pool would just be getting a bit posh

Sadly to get down there means traversing a narrow staircase only to find the small space separating the rooms at the bottom has been carpet bombed with cat tulip by the cat

Comment

Working...
                    X