• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for a treadmill (seriously...)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a treadmill (seriously...)

I want to get one of these running machine things at home, but looking on the 'net has the proper gym-type ones at around the £8000 mark

I was hoping to pay no more than £500 but I daren't imagine what sort of cr@p I'll get for that price.

Has anyone here got a treadmill, and could you recommend one at sub £1000?

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I want to get one of these running machine things at home, but looking on the 'net has the proper gym-type ones at around the £8000 mark

I was hoping to pay no more than £500 but I daren't imagine what sort of cr@p I'll get for that price.

Has anyone here got a treadmill, and could you recommend one at sub £1000?
    My brother bought one from Argos a few years ago which, after regular use, is still going strong.

I think it was a Roger Black branded one (or similar) and cost £250 - £300 (half price).

Argos regularly reduce these machines in the sales so might be worth checking out.

Comment

Perhaps you could venture outside.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Perhaps you could venture outside.
        Oh yes, to experience the wonderful British weather

We just want a treadmill at home to account for those days when we can't go for a walk or visit the gym. Mostly I'm thinking about an after dinner stroll type of thing, so that we don't just slouch onto the sofa instead.

I'll take a look at Argos, cheers Clips.

Comment

I am on a treadmill 8 hours a day

Comment

OK, more seriously have you considered a Wii? If you want gentle exercise than you don't need a treadmill, you could do step-ups and the WiiFit lets you turn this and other exercise (including jogging on the spot) into a game. For activities like running and step-ups you can even turn the TV away from the Wii since the wii-controllers will tell you what's going on through their built-in speakers. So you can do some exercise while watching TV and it will log how long you exercise for, calories burned, etc.

For £250 you can get the console, wiiFit addon and some other stuff to play with.
            Last edited by d000hg; 24 January 2011, 16:06.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have a Vision Fitness running machine/treadmill

had it for about 2 years, use it every day run for 25minutes at 10km/h

it cost about £1750

the next aquisition for the Benes home gym will be a ergo Concept 2

the running machine is excellent

glad I bought it

as with most things in life, the best you can do is buy the most expensive you can afford and be done with it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                as with most things in life, the best you can do is buy the most expensive you can afford and be done with it

Milan.
                I hate to agree with him/her, but they have a point. The more it costs the better it is and that's the bottom line.

Now a I have fully converted shoebox above a chip shop in hackney going for £750K, offers?

PS: Why not get a decent spa membership? I pay £190 a month for mine and it's got everything you could want including some very salacious skimpy dressed fittings.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Probably advisable to wait a month or two and then look for one that's on offer.

Demand for treadmills is high at the moment as people are still acting on their new years resolutions. For the same reasons, gyms are extremely busy at the moment.

I would imagine in a couple of months you'll be able to get some decent bargains on ebay, as people start to give up on the new years resolutions.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                  X