• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I'd like to make a cash deposit of £40m"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'd like to make a cash deposit of £40m"

OK, not quite that much but ....

Sky News

The news came after a 41-year-old woman was snared at a Building Society in Bromley on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
    ...she is suspected of trying to deposit £6,000 which is being linked to the raid, the biggest in UK history.
    How stupid can you get ?

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
    How stupid can you get ?
    Money doesn't buy you intelligence, obviously

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I have it on good authority that she is not connected. Plod don't really have a clue. But it looks good for the papers.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
        OK, not quite that much but ....

Sky News

How stupid can you get ?
        Don't know but perhaps after the rest of the gang have dealt woth her she will qualify for a darwin award.

Comment

Well how much is it

Ok, they say about 25 mill, in the papers its generally regarded as 40 mill, and I have also heard it could be as much as 50 mill.

How is it that they dont have an exact figure of how much money was actually stolen? Can be that difficult? They must have known how much was there in the first place
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
            Can be that difficult? They must have known how much was there in the first place
            You assume here that they took all money, in which case it would be easy, but they probably only took as much as they could in the time they felt they were safe - think for a second why they used 7.5 tonne truck - all that money is very heavy and remainder is probably pretty big too - right now its more important to look for fingerprints or DNA samples rather than contaminate scene with greedy money counters.

Most likely cash was in 10, 20 and 50 notes - you can't be certain which ones they took, they certainly were not stupid to take JUST £50 notes, in fact they would probably NOT want to take any of those, so the question is between 10 and 20 notes and proportion of them - that's why estimates may vary about 2 times.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              I have it on good authority ...
              Walter Mitty strikes again ...
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Atw

Is there something you are not telling us?

Next you going to be telling us about assembling handguns with your eyes closed and communication skills in hostage situations

Has anybody checked ATW's bank account recently? You dont get £40 mill from writing search bots....
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  I have it on good authority that she is not connected. Plod don't really have a clue. But it looks good for the papers.
                  Your sources are impeccable as ever Threaded!

Hoorah! Well done secret agent Threaded!

Now get back to the home in time for tea, before Matron misses you.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    You assume here that they took all money, in which case it would be easy, but they probably only took as much as they could in the time they felt they were safe - think for a second why they used 7.5 tonne truck - all that money is very heavy and remainder is probably pretty big too - right now its more important to look for fingerprints or DNA samples rather than contaminate scene with greedy money counters.

Most likely cash was in 10, 20 and 50 notes - you can't be certain which ones they took, they certainly were not stupid to take JUST £50 notes, in fact they would probably NOT want to take any of those, so the question is between 10 and 20 notes and proportion of them - that's why estimates may vary about 2 times.
                    Of course!!!

How dumb the cops are!!!

Atw - apply for a senior post at Scotland Yard NOW!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X