• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bomb at Domodedovo...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomb at Domodedovo...

Domodedovo Moscow BTW - cant edit title....

31 dead, gf is off there in two weeks....

Been there many times myself - actually very nice - Sheremetovo is a tuliphole - but really I'm scared.

Nowhere is safe.

But the chance of another bomb going off there in the next few weeks has got to be pretty remote

She's probably safer there than anywhere right now
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      But the chance of another bomb going off there in the next few weeks has got to be pretty remote
      Don't count on it.

In previous few cases such attack was used to distract resources and then big hostage taking took place.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post

She's probably safer there than anywhere right now
        Actually that's what she's telling me - and you're both right!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Don't count on it.

In previous few cases such attack was used to distract resources and then big hostage taking took place.
          Arghh! Is this good cop, bad cop?

Comment

The chickens have come home to roost.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              gf is off there in two weeks...
              Tell her to take a bomb with her.

If the chance of there being a bomb is 1000 to 1, the chance of there being two is a million to 1.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Been through there countless times, but not since it was all finished. Looks like the Chechens have ****ed it up.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Looks like the Chechens have ****ed it up.
                  I think you may found that in recent years war moved over to other territories around Chechnya - direct result of Putin's policies: instead of dealing with secular people who wanted independence he killed them and ended up with religious fanatics who set themselves higher goals.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Tell her to take a bomb with her.

If the chance of there being a bomb is 1000 to 1, the chance of there being two is a million to 1.
                    You sir are a statisticians worst nightmare. The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

There's lies, dam lies and statistics...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X