• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An important question for the men on this forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An important question for the men on this forum

Does your loved one make sandwiches for you to take to work?

I generally do more than my fair share of cooking at home, and whilst cooking a meal tonight I dropped something into the conversation about how expensive lunch is these days. I then pointed out that some of the other men at work bring with them delicious sandwiches neatly wrapped in cling film, lovingly prepared by their spouse.

My OH suddenly fell quiet, then changed the subject as quickly as possible....

Does this mean something?
    I wasn't being that serious but it was amusing

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

I generally do more than my fair share of cooking at home, and whilst cooking a meal tonight I dropped something into the conversation about how expensive lunch is these days. I then pointed out that some of the other men at work bring with them delicious sandwiches neatly wrapped in cling film, lovingly prepared by their spouse.

I wasn't being that serious but it was amusing
    It's toss up between who makes them to be honest. I prefer the lobster & freshly cracked crabs while the wife prefers the beluga caviar and white truffles on bread made my virgins from a Northern Council estate.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      It's toss up between who makes them to be honest. I prefer the lobster & freshly cracked crabs while the wife prefers the beluga caviar and white truffles on bread made my virgins from a Northern Council estate.
      I was thinking more like a ham salad, cheese and pickle, or egg mayo.
      No cucumber though, that makes the bread go soggy.

Comment

When you DO take in your own, they quickly start to look very drab compared to what everyone else brings in or buys.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Get rid!

Tone

Comment

Yes. She's in the kitchen right now making me a packed lunch because I have an interview on the other side of the country to go to.

I then pointed out that some of the other men at work bring with them delicious sandwiches neatly wrapped in cling film, lovingly prepared by their spouse.

Did she marry you for love or your money?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

My permie boss with expensed car is to tight that his wife makes sandwiches for him to sit and eat in the office car park, despite work butties only costing a mere 60p.

He always fancies a cup of tea, but never has the 30p needed on his card.

Going out for drinks is an embarrassment - he is always happy to take a beer, but never happy to stand his round. Very bad form when we are drinking with guys on pence a day from India and not able to afford a round for themselves never mind a freeloader.

At a team meal the other week - he came to the restuarant, but did not have a meal with us, just ordered a pint while watching us eat. No doubt he wolfed down his sandwich first.

When we had a local hospice charity collection lately I asked him for a couple of quid which I would give back to him. He only gave me 50p and made a big deal about having contributed.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Did she marry you for love or your money?
                Actually, now I'm wondering if those guys who get their sandwiches are receiving it as a softener from wives who have squandered their hard earned cash on shoes, clothes that 'fit' unlike the ones she bought last week, and 'things we need' for the house - such as 'another' new dining table or washing machine because the old one (bought last year) wasn't good enough.

Comment

Actually, now I'm wondering if those guys who get their sandwiches are receiving it as a softener
                  Now, now. Don't get bitter.

After all, you can always try again with another one.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

She's having an affair, and feeling unloved at home is why you get no sandwiches; and because her new man is pouring praise on his 'princess' she feels that sandwich making is beneath her.

File for divorce ................ now

Comment

Working...
                    X