• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone have experience in the following job ads?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have experience in the following job ads?

"They are currently hiring for a number of experienced .NET Developers to work on high profile projects using Bleeding Edge Technology."

Posted yesterday on Jobserve by Joe Hancock for Hancock and Parsons Ltd (Salary £50-£70K)

also

"Experience Required: Strong Java and Spring/Hibernate skills, preferably with Grails or Groovy."

Posted yesterday on Jobserve by Kate McDonagh for Populo Ltd (Salary £350 per day)

Am I missing something or can any muppet become an agent?

BTW decided to reply to both ads - have updated my CV with "10 years of bleeding edge technology - considered to be one of the industries top bleeders having been a little bleeder for most of my working career"

Also, "proficient in Grails and Groovy having grooved all me working life"

Lets see if the buggers call back!
    Last edited by TopNotch; 25 January 2011, 07:31.

Grails - The search is over.

I'm sure I've heard of some software called "Bleeding Edge" recently as well, but can't find it on google.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
      I'm sure I've heard of some software called "Bleeding Edge" recently as well, but can't find it on google.
      Didn't you forget the

Comment

Groovy and grails are real technologies.

Groovy - Home

Grails - The search is over.

"Bleeding edge" is an idiomatic play on "leading edge" which reflects the pain involved in using the latest bug ridden version of something.

If you were a real contractor you would have googled, downloaded and installed groovy and grails before replying to the second add suggesting a slightly higher rate.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

it's a bit of a "buzzword bingo" term I suppose, but I'd have thought the term "bleeding edge" would be a well known phrase?

Wikipedia alert!

Comment

Wow, if .NET is "bleeding edge", I wonder what kind of edge it was on 10 years ago when it was released!?

Comment

Working...
            X