• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car insurance problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance problem

You may recall a truck crashing into the side of my car while I was joining the motorway.

Before collecting the repaired car I got a call from LV telling me driver admitted liability and excess waived accordingly. (Drivers actual words were, “I am very sorry I did not see you”, before letting me sit in his cab to see how restricted his view was).

Several weeks later I get a call, telling me that LV made a mistake and the other party are now challenging.

I have protected no claims bonus, and thankfully LV said their mistake, so will not be asking for the excess back.

LV want me to write a statement and provide diagrams, which was not asked for at the time. As so long ago I have forgotten a lot of the detail.

The question is, should I just ignore this request, as claim dealt with and closed, or, do I actually need to complete this now?

Due to the incompetence I am seriously considering asking for pro-rata refund and moving onto another insurance company.

good story line,

if your writer could team up with Gricer and Malc's writer the result would be something very interesting

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      good story line,

if your writer could team up with Gricer and Malc's writer the result would be something very interesting

Milan.
      You mean he could get stuck on a level crossing and cause a major derailment?

Sounds like an episode of Casualty.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

See, now this is why you carry a video recorder pen like this one, 1GB Video Recording Spy Pen | GeekAlerts and.....take notes and diagrams when the accident happens. duh!

Ignore at your peril - insurance companies are not there to protect anyone's ass - except their own.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

On next week's episode of Wilmslow, Wilmslow's female neighbour mysteriously disapears after buying a Dominos pizza and turns up dead 8 days later.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How hard can it be to write down the junction of the motorway, roughly the time at which it happened, that the other driver admitted liability and a simple diagram of a car joining from a slip road and a lorry hitting it. Given the amount or rubbish you post on here this should be something you could knock out in no time.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Say, isn't it the car that is joining the motorway's job to make sure the way is clear before joining?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Say, isn't it the car that is joining the motorway's job to make sure the way is clear before joining?
                Shush...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  You may recall a truck crashing into the side of my car while I was joining the motorway.

Before collecting the repaired car I got a call from LV telling me driver admitted liability and excess waived accordingly. (Drivers actual words were, “I am very sorry I did not see you”, before letting me sit in his cab to see how restricted his view was).

Several weeks later I get a call, telling me that LV made a mistake and the other party are now challenging.

I have protected no claims bonus, and thankfully LV said their mistake, so will not be asking for the excess back.

LV want me to write a statement and provide diagrams, which was not asked for at the time. As so long ago I have forgotten a lot of the detail.

The question is, should I just ignore this request, as claim dealt with and closed, or, do I actually need to complete this now?

Due to the incompetence I am seriously considering asking for pro-rata refund and moving onto another insurance company.
                  I never ceases to amaze me the number of people in IT who are not organised. FFS, ™ if you can’t sort a car accident out what hope is there for you.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Do you really think this ever happened?
                    WTGALS

Comment

Working...
                    X