• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain's youngest GrandaD (29)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain's youngest GrandaD (29)

I submit this one for debate....................

A LAYABOUT dad bragged yesterday about the prospect of becoming Britain's youngest grandad.

The scrounger, 29, said he was chuffed his 14-year-old daughter was pregnant and crowed: "It's quite mad... I'm about to be a grandad.

"I was 14 when my daughter was born - and now she's having a baby."

The schoolgirl became pregnant by her 15-year-old boyfriend and is expected to give birth in August.

The pair, from South Wales, are pupils at the same comprehensive school and have been dating for several months.

She announced her news to pals on Facebook by updating her status to "looking for a pram with the mr".

Her jobless dad - who is separated from her mum - said proudly: "She is very young but was determined to keep the child.

"We were not going to force her into doing anything else. We don't want her to hate us.

"She is not the only girl at her school to become pregnant or to have a baby.

"We don't blame the lad who got her pregnant - it takes two."

The girl's mum, who works in a cafe, has two other children. She now lives with another jobless man on a council estate - where they have a flatscreen TV and Blackberry mobile phones.

Outside, children's bicycles are strewn carelessly across their muddy lawn.

Her new boyfriend said of the grandad-to-be: "Not only will this guy be Britain's youngest grandad, he already has the title of Britain's worst dad.

"He has not contributed a penny to his daughter's upbringing. I'm not sure that he has worked in his life."

He said he planned to raise the baby while his stepdaughter continues at school.

She has said she wants to stay at school until the child is born and go back to study afterwards.

Her boyfriend dreams of becoming a professional rugby player when he leaves school.

The mum-to-be will have a scan soon to reveal the gender of her child. Already the pair are talking about possible names for their baby.

One local councillor said last night: "This is a deprived area - but thankfully families like this one, who are unwilling to contribute to society, are rare.

"Those who have made a lifestyle out of claiming benefits are very much the exception, not the rule."

Another councillor said: "It is a shame for everyone that some people choose to live their entire lives on benefits.

"When living at the taxpayer's expense becomes a way of life, it is an extremely unfortunate situation."

A neighbour of the family said: "They would much rather sit at home having children than try to better themselves. It's a disgrace."
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Another good argument for a government funded forced sterilisation project IMHO.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Don't know why, but thought of Doogie when I read this.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Poor kid.

(The one who is about to be born.)
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X