• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ouch II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch II

I just got my tax bill. **** me. I knew it was coming but still it's a ****er.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I just got my tax bill. **** me. I knew it was coming but still it's a ****er.
    You made the money, what are you whinging for. Personally I'd be happy to pay a couple of million quid a year in tax.

What does piss me off is what the Government spends it on.

Look at the Donut, GCHQ in Cheltenham. Could solve the domestic surveillance problem with a couple of auld fish wives on every street corner.

Comment

You're all in it together; thanks for your contribution.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm not whinging, just observing that it is a tulipload of money as it's for two and a quarter years worth of income (because the bill includes three months billing from 2008 that wasn't paid until 2009 plus the prepayments for the 2010 bill) and they happen to be two years of good rates and not taking any holidays, plus I am in Germany where tax rates are higher and it's in € which makes it seem like more than it is.

On the plus side, the German government do seem to be somewhat better at spending it effectively than your lot.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

This is a poor sequel to Ouch. I hope the next one is better.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            It largely depends on if I cut my nails before my evening tommy tank.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Can we have a prequel, to pad out the back story like?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Look at the Donut, GCHQ in Cheltenham. Could solve the domestic surveillance problem with a couple of auld fish wives on every street corner.
                It start off like that, and then moves onto: Blockleiter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and the next thing you know, you're wondering where all the Freemasons have gone.

Comment

Working...
                X