• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pencils

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pencils

I just bought one of these:

Cult Pens - Faber-Castell Grip Plus Pencil 0.7mm

But I would like something a bit nicer. One of these perhaps?

rotring - rapid PRO

Any other suggestions for stylish metal pencils?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Pencils for writing with, do people still use them

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      Definitely

All my notes are made in pencil. I like a 0.9mm lead. Currently using a Pentel 120 A3dx. Plenty of lead in my pencil

Comment

Both Rotaring & Faber started off in life a draughtsmen’s pens, with the advent of computing their sales base disappeared, both are as good as each other you pay more for Rotaring on a brand basis.

Your request for better depends on your criteria, if you just want to spend more get a Mont Blanc, personally just for work I prefer a Bic atlantes disposable, for at home I have a decent Watermark one.
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          What’s the point?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I have a few plastic rotrings & pentels etc from my school days but I want something made of metal and nice to hold in the hand.

I don't like the look of the mont blanc type ones particularly, too fussy and decorative, I prefer the more industrial / draftsmans pencil style ones.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well I have now fallen into the pencil vortex. Some of these are very cool.

Comment

OMG - I stated reading this thread thinking GAFL but I find myself compelled to admit
                "I quite like this one"
                Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I use a Zebra M-402, which I 'inherited' at (permie) work years ago, for general note taking at home as I find a pencil more comfortable (and quicker) to write with.

The OP has now got me thinking that maybe I should extend this to writing notes etc at work - I feel an impulse buy coming on!

Comment

Ultra fine tip felt pen every time for me, although recycled paper quality is getting so grotty it's starting to feel like scratching away on emery paper.

Maybe I should start thinking about tablets, if the resolution is good enough and not still like using crayons. Any ideas?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X