• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisdom Teeth

So, I've just been advised by the Dentist that I should have all 4 wisdom teeth out as they're at the wrong angle and it's likely to cause a lot of pain later on. No immediate rush as they're not painful now but the question I have is, how painful and horrific is the procedure with injections? or should I go with the gas option and be knocked out for an hour and have the surgeon do it?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Is he going to pull them or cut them out?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'd go with a getting a second opinion option.

Comment

It's a bit like visiting a cocktail bar and choosing between whiskey or gin based cocktails.

It's the aftermath that is painful and horrific.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          So, I've just been advised by the Dentist that I should have all 4 wisdom teeth out as they're at the wrong angle and it's likely to cause a lot of pain later on. No immediate rush as they're not painful now but the question I have is, how painful and horrific is the procedure with injections? or should I go with the gas option and be knocked out for an hour and have the surgeon do it?
          Depends on of they can be pulled or will have to be cut. If the latter I'd go with the gas, if pulled and you trust your dentist, go for the injections. Down side with the gas is that although you're not aware of the teeth coming out you will feel like crap for a few hours afterward on top of the tooth related trauma.

Either way you're going to feel like you've been kicked repeatedly in the face by men in large steel capped boots and will be dribbling blood for a day or so, but the sockets should heal over remarkably quickly. After a month you'd never know it had happened.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

cut as they are beneath a thin layer of bone and angled towards the other teeth.. it seems you're confirming what I already thought, Gas and be done with the horror rather than watching up close and personal
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Slightly off topic.

Device Blocks Sound Of Dentist's Drill | ITProPortal.com

Another pointless invention, personally I don't care about the sound. What I don't like is my vision blurring because my skull is vibrating so violently whilst the smell of burning enamel drifts up my nostrils.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                What I don't like is my vision blurring because my skull is vibrating so violently whilst the smell of burning enamel drifts up my nostrils.

Comment

cut as they are beneath a thin layer of bone and angled towards the other teeth.. it seems you're confirming what I already thought, Gas and be done with the horror rather than watching up close and personal
                  Yep, gas if they're cutting. Make sure they're going to stitch up the holes, and get some hydrogen peroxide mouthwash (3%); the mouthwash tastes disgusting but if you get an infection in one of the holes it's hell.

It'll hurt afterwards; combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol worked fine for me, but they might give you a strong painkiller.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I had two of mine pulled and two cut out and to be honest I preferred the pull out method. It was quicker, didn't need me to starve myself before the GA and I was able to walk out of the surgery unassisted afterward.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X