• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract with a difference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract with a difference

A large offer is on the table (under the table) for me to bump off some of the more irritating right wing posters on this forum - especially the recruiters. I'm thinking of hiring someone to do the deed rather than carry it out myself. My aim isn't that good and I need a professional hit man to make it slick and quick.

Can anyone advise me whether I would be exempt from IR35? Should I stay limited or go brolly?

Is the hit man inside IR35 too? He's a freelancer so I could get stung for his tax if he does a bunk without paying Gordo his share. I can't exactly check his references can I! He's using his own gun, his own motorbike and camera to photograph the evidence that the work has been satisfactorily completed. He's effectively working under my instructions though but I won't allow him substitution rights, but I won't be getting him to sign a written contract either. The contract is verbal only. Can he claim mileage allowance too?

Advice gratefully received.

Ir35

Is that all you ever think about?

Comment

I worked with a guy whose every conversation was IR35.

Get over it! (or around it )

Comment

I'd guess you be inside IR35 myself - after all, would you fancy having a hitman out there without having pretty good Direction and Control ...?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

A brolly did for Gyorgy Markov ...

Comment

Well there you go - brollies are de facto caught by IR35 !!
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
              A brolly did for Gyorgy Markov ...
              Those under a certain age will have to look it up...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                A large offer is on the table (under the table) for me to bump off some of the more irritating right wing posters on this forum - especially the recruiters. I'm thinking of hiring someone to do the deed rather than carry it out myself. My aim isn't that good and I need a professional hit man to make it slick and quick.

Can anyone advise me whether I would be exempt from IR35? Should I stay limited or go brolly?

Is the hit man inside IR35 too? He's a freelancer so I could get stung for his tax if he does a bunk without paying Gordo his share. I can't exactly check his references can I! He's using his own gun, his own motorbike and camera to photograph the evidence that the work has been satisfactorily completed. He's effectively working under my instructions though but I won't allow him substitution rights, but I won't be getting him to sign a written contract either. The contract is verbal only. Can he claim mileage allowance too?

Advice gratefully received.
                Well IR would look at the relationship created by the contract, ie. are you working from home, are you providing your own material, are you able to substitute yourself, are you in control of your own working conditions etc.

I think from what you have posted above that you stand a very good chance of being outside IR35.

However, of far more importance...have you opted in or out? If you are opted out then you are a goon and deserve to not get paid after the contract has been complted!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                X