• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenses

I have been looking at the expenses that contractor can claim and have a couple of questions.

1. Will be working <10 hour day however, staying overnight in contract location, is there any creative ways of increasing the £5 subsistence allowance? dont

2. Will be travelling from home (Glasgow) to contract location (Basingstoke) at least once a month and claiming mileage for that trip but, rest of the time will remain in contract location. There does not appear to be provision for claiming expense of weekend stay or expense incurred over weekend stay, any thoughts on this? dont

Think I need to find someone with paperwork to suit my particular issues, as the Chancellor appears to have it in for me

>is there any creative ways of increasing the £5 subsistence allowance?

If you have a receipt, you can claim any "reasonable" expenses. Where do you get this £5 figure from?

Admittedly, reasonable is a horrible word, it means whatever Gordon & Hector wish it to mean. It certainly won't mean what you think it ought to mean.
    What's your IR35 situation? If you may be outside, you should be ltd co, then you won't have any £5 subsistence limits to worry about.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
    X