• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland V England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland V England

Mmm... well, since being in Scotland the overwhelming message is that when it comes to sport, the evil English "cheat", "dont play properly", and "are always on about 1966"...

Funny that Scotland have a player banned for 3 weeks for kicking a guy in the head, got trashed by Wales, and are now *continuosly* harping on about the enormous amount of two whole victories in twenty years while describing England as 'the Auld enemy'.... sigh...

As for the comments at work - they amount to what would be in any other context "racism". If I talked about Scots in the same way while working in an open plan office in England, there were would be disciplinary action..... funny thing is, they say it openly in front of me, then five minutes later quite happily ask for my help as they dont know what they are doing...

Ah well, Im still meeting up with 20+ Scottish guys and gals to watch it later today... should be an interesting day...

"England aim to avoid 'freak' show
    SIX NATIONS SPECIAL

BBC Radio Five Live
    24 February 2100-2200 GMT
    Flanker Joe Worsley aims to avoid more Murrayfield misery as England prepare for a Scottish onslaught on Saturday.
    Worsley was a replacement as England lost 19-13 in freezing conditions in 2000, and more bad weather is expected.

"I will never forget the weather," he told Sport on Five. "I had to go for a run every two minutes to keep warm, and everything on the bench was frozen.

"Peoples' teeth were chattering. It was like being in the Antarctic dying of exposure - it was a freaky day."

On that occasion, Worsley came on in the final minute, a helpless by-stander as Murrayfield erupted in wild celebration of a famous Scottish victory - only their second over England in the last 20 years."

Yeah, 1966 and all that.
    Last edited by mcquiggd; 27 February 2006, 06:56.
    Vieze Oude Man

I support anyone who is playing England.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Scotland? Is that in Europe?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not only was it cold in 2000, but the pitch had been under two feet of water the previous day after raining all week.

Comment

and of course scotsman find it much easier to run around in the mud and cold weather as they wear skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
            Scotland? Is that in Europe?
            Yes. Is England?

Comment

Mate. If it wasnt for that wall... and the bad weather..... and the hills...... and the snow....... and water........and ugly women........and lack of farming land......... and stupid language.........and ugly women(oh i mentioned that - worth pointing out again though)........ and eating of sheep guts......

you'd all be Italian!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X