• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Male vs female

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male vs female

Very topical at the moment....

Last weekend I treated myself to a pair of Grado GR8 in ear headphones. I listen to my iPod whilst working so I've got earphones in for at least 5 hours a day and I want the best possible quality. They cost £300 but sound fantastic.

My wife bought a pair of Jimmy Choo court shoes for the same price yesterday.

Apparently, my headphones are "a waste of money, what's wrong with the Apple ones?" but her shoes are "an investment as she will wear them at least twice a year at weddings etc and they are gorgeous"

Discuss......

mad

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post

Last weekend I treated myself to a pair of Grado GR8 in ear headphones. I listen to my iPod whilst working so I've got earphones in for at least 5 hours a day and I want the best possible quality. They cost £300 but sound fantastic.

Apparently, my headphones are "a waste of money, what's wrong with the Apple ones?" but her shoes are "an investment as she will wear them at least twice a year at weddings etc and they are gorgeous"

Discuss......

mad
    Whats the problem?
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Whats the problem?
      He wants to know why going out for a pint with some mates at the last minute is 'Bloody typical' whereas Im just popping around Julies house for a couple of
      glasses of wine with friends is 'I never go out'
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What exactly are "court shoes"? I am imagining something like this:

Comment

My wife can't see the difference between standard definition TV and HD. Neither, apparently, can her network of female Twitter / Mumsnet friends.

Men just have sharper eyesight and better spacial awareness. Needed for hunting, see.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Yes women canno see in 3D.

That is why they are tulip at driving and parking.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post

Discuss......

mad
              She's right. You're wrong. Apologise and get on with your life.

Comment

The main problem

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Whats the problem?
                is that my earphones provide an appreciable difference in sound and are of a higher quality than the Apple ones, whereas there is no appreciable difference between a pair of £15 shoes from New Look and the Jimmy Choos!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  See thats the voice of experience.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I only apologise when I'm wrong.

I've only ever been wrong once and that's when I thought I was wrong and found out I wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X