• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small wonder he got refused a visa...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small wonder he got refused a visa...

Could not remember the topic of his PhD thesis
    Yeah, right.

That takes the concept of 'absent minded professor' to a whole new level...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    Could not remember the topic of his PhD thesis
    Yeah, right.

That takes the concept of 'absent minded professor' to a whole new level...
    What was the topic of your PhD thesis then, threaded?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Mri

Comment

Mri
        Who's Mr I - and why did you write a thesis on him?

Or do you mean magnetic resonance imaging?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

Comment

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"
            "Like this bog," Nan-in said, "you are full of sh1t!"

Does this sound familiar?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
            X