• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

travel insurance advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

travel insurance advice

hi all

about to fly out on Monday and need to sort my annual multi-rip travel insurance.

do i need business travel insurance or just regular annual multi trip.

i know the benefit of business insurance is if i were to carry company equipment like laptops etc. but its my limited company so not really sure.

anyone shed some light what i should do? or any advice from experience that you can let me know of that you wished you had business travel insurance over the regular top package?

thanks
    Kal

Originally posted by digitaldecks View Post
    hi all

about to fly out on Monday and need to sort my annual multi-rip travel insurance.

do i need business travel insurance or just regular annual multi trip.

i know the benefit of business insurance is if i were to carry company equipment like laptops etc. but its my limited company so not really sure.

anyone shed some light what i should do? or any advice from experience that you can let me know of that you wished you had business travel insurance over the regular top package?

thanks
    Kal
    Fly out where?
    Also, you can’t insure broken equipment; your laptop seems to have a broken shift key
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Will be 3 days a week in Sweden every week. 2 days in London.

Comment

Are you travelling for business? If so, business insurance surely?

Comment

I'd say you should get business cover. Some policies include it. AA does.

Comment

Having struggled getting money out of travel insurance claims in the past, plus the ridiculous excess they apply I no longer take out such insurance. I have calculated that the premiums that I have saved have more than paid for lost laptops or similar that may occur in the future.
            Regarding medical insurance, the small print excludes pre-existing conditions of which I have many and I don’t think it covers VD anyway.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X