• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Half of City bankers receive bigger bonus than last year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half of City bankers receive bigger bonus than last year

On average, bankers said they had received a bonus worth £84,409 for 2010, with 49pc saying their pay-out this year was larger than last year.

The findings came in a survey of 654 UK-based bankers conducted by financial sector jobs website eFinancialCareers.

According to the survey, top-performing staff have received up to 40pc of their total pay for 2010 in the form of bonuses.

Across the board, bonuses are said to be up about 5pc on last year, although about a quarter of those surveyed said their bonus was smaller than the one they received in 2010.

Source: Half of City bankers receive bigger bonus than last year - Telegraph

--------

That's a good thing - the more bonuses bankers paid the more tax they pay, and therefore less cuts and less tax will be levied from the remaining population "too stupid" or "too unfortunate" to be a high flying City Banker.

Good. We need wunches of bankers spending money to get us out of the latest weather induced hole we're in.

Comment

Has anyone worked out if, over the past 5 or 10 years, the net contribution of the finance industry to UK Plc has been positive or negative? If it's positive then maybe they are getting a bad press and we were right to bail them out. If it's negative then we should just ****-em over.

Genuine question. I really don't know the answer.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        Has anyone worked out if, over the past 5 or 10 years, the net contribution of the finance industry to UK Plc has been positive or negative?
        Would you say Nu Liebor's contribution to UK Plc in the past 10 years has been positive or negative?

It wasn't ze City who signed off those PFI contracts you know - it wasn't ze City who borrowed lots of money to waste it on public expenditure that did not actualy create much meaningful in return. FFS, compared to Nu Liebor ze bankers are really nice fluffy cute animals they are!

Comment

Glass and houses spring to mind.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

In other news, the other half of "City Bankers" received a smaller bonus than last year.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Would you say Nu Liebor's contribution to UK Plc in the past 10 years has been positive or negative?

It wasn't ze City who signed off those PFI contracts you know - it wasn't ze City who borrowed lots of money to waste it on public expenditure that did not actualy create much meaningful in return. FFS, compared to Nu Liebor ze bankers are really nice fluffy cute animals they are!
            <whispers>Actually it was ze City who set up the financial structures that PFI relies on, just so you know.</whispers>
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

'Anonymous' -ve Reputation posted against me

nu liebor lover
              All because I called him a Muppet on an earlier thread for not having a grasp of GCSE level Maths.

So, do we have an answer? I'm interested in the actual answer. If the City has generated 10x what it has taken in bail outs over 10 years then maybe that message should be put forward to silence the detractors and let them get on with it. If they have failed to wash their face then all this talk about upping sticks and moving to another country should be stamped on.

For the record, I agree that far too much money has been p1ssed up the wall and into the pockets of consultancy companies. Nu Liebor, in many ways, were just Tory-Lites.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Out of interest (I honestly can't remember) who started the whole PFI thing to off book public spending? I've a feeling it was the last Tory government towards the end of their reign, but I'd be happy to be corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Out of interest (I honestly can't remember) who started the whole PFI thing to off book public spending?
                  Mr Gordon Brown - he did it "en masse".

Comment

Mr Gordon Brown - he did it "en masse".
                    Oi! AtW. Stow it. They'll be after Company Directors with 401K pension plans next!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X