• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Contractors

have recently finished contract with said company, could have been on better terms but that said, it was a clean break.

however, since leaving, i have been on the end of some bully tactics.

first, after giving back equipment to the IT departement, myself and my girlfriend have been subject to childish offensive messages and emails from the guys at IT support.

this has continued and does not look like it will stop.

i do admit, that i have been a little crass in leaving my personal details to be accessed via my old equipment, however due to the nature of the job i thought that a professional IT team, would not take advantage of this and use it as prey.

what are your thoughts?

can i do anything to stop this?

although i have left personal details on work equipment, that surely does not make it right for that information to be abused?
    Last edited by el duder; 25 February 2006, 09:46.

Personally I would get all the evidence together and then send a complaint to the company. I would direct this complaint to the MD ofthe company and then see if the messages stop. If they don't then take it up with the authorities. It sounds very unprofessional of their IT support to be doing this.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

and how does this abusive crap come through. Email from hotmail accounts or work accounts, attempts at hacking etc.

Personally in situations like this(but Ive never been in it) I would have gone back to the office and punched the offending oik so ******* hard, he wouldnt have been sending you abusive email as he'd be in hospital.

Thats assuming your a big bruiser bully like my self.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

that did cross my mind.

just to get the point across.

i have been a little niave. when i recieved the abusive txts, i emailed the said IT employee with a very threatening email.

the abuse has been coming in on my hotmail account and via txt message to my personal phone and my girlfriends phone.

Comment

Tony's right - this needs to be tackled asap - don't delete the messages and start digging into the Data Protection act.

I think Privateeye might be of some help to you with this if he's around.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think you need to follow up with the threatening email, go around and confront him in front of everyone.

Take him down, TAKE HIM DOWN!!!!

Comment

You seem to have had a lot of trouble with this job. Is it the one Rebecca Loos helped you get? If so I'd blame her.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                just to get the point across.

i have been a little niave. when i recieved the abusive txts, i emailed the said IT employee with a very threatening email.

the abuse has been coming in on my hotmail account and via txt message to my personal phone and my girlfriends phone.
                Keep all the emails and text messages as evidence, if they are coming from a work place you can make a direct comlaint there. You can also complain directly to the ISP/phone company. They have a set procedure for dealing with this type of thing. The other option is the Police.

The one problem you have is that you have said you sent them a very threatening email so you need to be careful how you complain.

I would suggest as a first option to reply that you have kept all correspondence and will involve the Police, the employer, and Phone/ISP company ie instantiate criminal proceedings - this guy seems a jerk leaving such a trail as email and txts and you may need to remind him that he has left a trail. You could just go straight ahead and make a formal complaint anyway. All calls even if the number is withheld can be traced by the Exchange.

Comment

Give us the hotmail account, we'll try and hack in to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    Thats assuming your a big bruiser bully like my self.
                    Look, you might be a bit of a fat fecker, but you're not exactly bouncer material. Unless thrown off a 12th floor balcony, that is...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X