• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel Rationing to be introduced in the UK to meet 80% reduction in Carbon emissions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Rationing to be introduced in the UK to meet 80% reduction in Carbon emissions

All in a good cause.

Fuel Rationing in U.K. Needed by 2020 to Cut CO2 Emissions, Lawmakers Say - Bloomberg
    I'm alright Jack

First fuel, then food.

Food Carbon Footprint Calculator - Home

Comment

If I didn't misread the article (in a quick skim) the report was commissioned by the "Green on the outside Red inside" Party.

Nothing to see here - Move along.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Sounds like a good money making scheme for dirty spekulants
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That would be interesting and spectacularly expensive.

Equivalent of an NI number issued per adult.
          Real time database monitoring usage via a huge network of terminals.
          Requirement for everyone to have a card.
          Possibility of theft, cloned numbers, fraud and errors.
          Scaled on some complex basis for public transport (a full train uses a similar amount of fuel to a half full one etc)
          How do you handle foreign visitors?

Makes the UK ID card scheme look piffling by comparison.

Comment

Think of the money to be made forging virtual energy credits
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Thing is, if we don't stop people travelling, eating, and heating their homes, the global average temperature (whatever the **** that actually means in the real world), will be 0.1 deg C warmer in 500 years time.

On the scale of possible far future human catastrophe, that's the big one.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                If I didn't misread the article (in a quick skim) the report was commissioned by the "Green on the outside Red inside" Party.

Nothing to see here - Move along.
                Actually it was chaired by a Liberal Democrat.

You can look forward to some effective action against climate change.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                X