• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming to a Labour run area near you soon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming to a Labour run area near you soon

Horrific video emerges of Taliban fighters stoning couple to death for adultery | Mail Online

Peace lovers at it again.

They only said Jehovah
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      They only said Jehovah
      BLASPHEMER!!! Stone him.

Comment

Do they stone chavs?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Do they stone chavs?
          Most chavs are already stoned.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Can't have sex with women outside of marriage. Still, they seem to find find substitutes:

BBC News - The sexually abused dancing boys of Afghanistan
            The hypocrisy of child abuse in many Muslim countries | Shaista Gohir | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yep, sick indeed.

The trouble I have with much of the discussion about islam is this; in principle I am not really very enamoured with organised religion, and certainly not islam. Certainly, these extremes are offensive to anyone with any humanity, including the muslims I know. The trouble is, the way to influence those muslims who are open to reasoned discussion, and I think that´s probably most of them, is not by continually painting their faith as some mental disease, but by engaging in discussion in a respectful manner. The approach of some people, especially in the media, but including some politicians is more likely to reinforce people in their prejudices and push more muslims toward the extremes. I'm all in favour of discussing the role of islam in western societies, but it needs to be done in a constructive way.

I also find it rather silly to suggest that labour or 'the left' are somehow in league with extremist muslims. I'm happy to blame Labour for a lot of things, like the parlous state of Britain's economy and state finances, but it's silly to suggest, as some do, that lefties are somehow happy with islamic extremism; the European left has its roots in atheist and humanist thinking to a large extent, and has never really been very supportive of religion.

Comment

The trouble I have with much of the discussion about Islam is this: in principle I am not really very enamoured with organised religion, and certainly not Islam. Certainly, these extremes are offensive to anyone with any humanity, including the Muslims I know. The trouble is, the way to influence those Muslims who are open to reasoned discussion, and I think that´s probably most of them, is not by continually painting their faith as some mental disease, but by engaging in discussion in a respectful manner. The approach of some people, especially in the media, but including some politicians is more likely to reinforce people in their prejudices and push more Muslims toward the extremes. I'm all in favour of discussing the role of Islam in western societies, but it needs to be done in a constructive way.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Yep, sick indeed.

The trouble I have with much of the discussion about islam is this; in principle I am not really very enamoured with organised religion, and certainly not islam. Certainly, these extremes are offensive to anyone with any humanity, including the muslims I know. The trouble is, the way to influence those muslims who are open to reasoned discussion, and I think that´s probably most of them, is not by continually painting their faith as some mental disease, but by engaging in discussion in a respectful manner. The approach of some people, especially in the media, but including some politicians is more likely to reinforce people in their prejudices and push more muslims toward the extremes. I'm all in favour of discussing the role of islam in western societies, but it needs to be done in a constructive way.

I also find it rather silly to suggest that labour or 'the left' are somehow in league with extremist muslims. I'm happy to blame Labour for a lot of things, like the parlous state of Britain's economy and state finances, but it's silly to suggest, as some do, that lefties are somehow happy with islamic extremism; the European left has its roots in atheist and humanist thinking to a large extent, and has never really been very supportive of religion.
                  But that doesn't sell papers.

Besides, most Taliban are muslim in name only so I'd hardly take them as being some model of what Islam is. Good as a headline for people with an agenda however.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    But that doesn't sell papers.

Besides, most Taliban are muslim in name only so I'd hardly take them as being some model of what Islam is. Good as a headline for people with an agenda however.
                    You´d hardly do that and neither would I, but plenty of less worldly people do.

Comment

Working...
                    X