• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finger/Knuckle cracking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger/Knuckle cracking

What is it with our Indian colleagues and finger cracking? We moved to an office that is full of our esteemed collegues and there is a constant noise of people cracking bones and it makes me cringe. It is worse than scratching a blackboard . Is this normal in such an environment???
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Drinking milk from the carton makes Bobs wince. When they eventually query - with a disgusted look on their face - "Do you like that?" just say:

"It's OK... I let it warm up first."

Do NOT lick the excess milk off your top lip. That pisses them off as much as it pisses you off when they chew with their mouth open.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

They've banned 'em from bringing curry into the office where I'm working owing to the way the smell permeates everywhere.

Shame really, I'd just discovered the delights of idlee fry for breakfast

Comment

Never noticed it with ones I worked with anyway but just hit back. At regular intervals crane head slowly around with one eye open then snap back to nomal position crying "eeeyaaaaaaaaaah".
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          They've banned 'em from bringing curry into the office where I'm working owing to the way the smell permeates everywhere.
          I used to sit near to the microwave at a previous Bob filled client,every feckin day from about 11:30 to 3:30 the place was stinking of curry. Looking back I should have sabotaged the feckin thing and forced them all to eat cold lunches.

Comment

I damaged one of the knuckles on my right hand while adjusting someones attitude.

The only way I can relieve the ache is to crack that knuckle.

Comment

Worse than knuckle cracking is when you have a line of 5 or so hocking up phlegm in every one of the bloody sinks in the toilets.... grim, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

Shame really, I'd just discovered the delights of idlee fry for breakfast
                I've taken to lunching with my fellow Bobs and their assorted panolpy of missus-cooked-microwave-heated-curries in our "breakout area". I find this time of the day most enjoyable. We have wise debates about the economy and, of course, cricket.
                And then we go back to work and spend the afternoon fixing each others balls ups.

Comment

I don't mind the smell of curry or the cracking knuckles. The hocking phlegm is rather horrid, and this does seem to be more common among our overseas cousins.

However, one curious circumstantial fact struck me the other day, that since a clutch of onshore-offshore visitors left for home recently there has been no vandalism in the bogs at work at all, where previously there was a more frequent than weekly incidence of damaged toilet seats, stuffed towels in the bowls and soiled papers on the floor.

Of course its just cultural difference, but perhaps there should be guidelines handed out to new arrivals to ensure this disparity of respect for the facilities is eliminated.
                  "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                  X