• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attention seeking post

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention seeking post

I need a group hug guys.

I just got a huge kicking for a requirements gap in a spec that I wrote last October. The subsequent deliverable is deemed not fit for purpose and has been dropped from the release.

I was brought to book and shown the section in the related high level requirements document. Sure enough there it was and it was not in my f-spec.

So I wanted to know how I missed it. Berating myself I opened the DMS and located the document. Opened it. Read and re-read the section. Then I checked the document revision history. This section was added a month after sign off of the f-spec and the document owner did not warn me.

I'm not sure what approach to take with ClientCo. I am rightly pissed off.

Options please? Gun-toting killing spree is already on the list
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Just apologise and give them a week of free work.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I need a group hug guys.

I just got a huge kicking for a requirements gap in a spec that I wrote last October. The subsequent deliverable is deemed not fit for purpose and has been dropped from the release.

I was brought to book and shown the section in the related high level requirements document. Sure enough there it was and it was not in my f-spec.

So I wanted to know how I missed it. Berating myself I opened the DMS and located the document. Opened it. Read and re-read the section. Then I checked the document revision history. This section was added a month after sign off of the f-spec and the document owner did not warn me.

I'm not sure what approach to take with ClientCo. I am rightly pissed off.

Options please? Gun-toting killing spree is already on the list
      Just point out it was added afterwards and document control shows it. Berate the client for not following process.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        Just apologise and give them a week of free work.
        Mmm not a details man huh? Re-read the O/P. Find the section where it turns out it's their fault and give it another go, there's a good lad. :

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Just point out it was added afterwards and document control shows it. Berate the client for not following process.
          I'm sure there's a clever way of handling this so that I get something out of it.

Comment

You could always do the honourable thing.

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Mmm not a details man huh? Re-read the O/P. Find the section where it turns out it's their fault and give it another go, there's a good lad. :
              Your work was not part of what was released to production. How is that value adding to the customer?
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                Your work was not part of what was released to production. How is that value adding to the customer?
                Nope. Not getting this are you.

Crap troll. 2/10.

Comment

Your arse is covered.

added a month after sign off of the f-spec and

Mass email to the entire programme / project team saying "Please follow due process in future, this cock-up has resulted in a deliverable being dropped" detailing what happened, but without names.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

blame someone else...

oh you have already!

Tone

Comment

Working...
                    X