• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not so smart bomb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so smart bomb

A suicide bomber's plan to detonate explosives in Central Moscow on New Year's Eve was foiled when she received an unexpected text message that caused her deadly payload to blow up too early, according to news reports.

The message wishing her a happy new year came hours before the unnamed woman was to set off her suicide belt near Red Square, an act of terrorism that could have killed hundreds of people, The Leader-Post reported. She ended up dying at a safe house instead.

From El Reg
    Me, me, me...

I bet she was with Orange.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I bet she was with Orange.
      Don't be ridiculous, she got a signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        A suicide bomber's plan to detonate explosives in Central Moscow on New Year's Eve was foiled when she received an unexpected text message that caused her deadly payload to blow up too early, according to news reports.
        This claim is from people who are known to lie a lot.

Comment

If the silly bitch had been devout and made it clear to friends she only celebrated the Islamic New Year, she'd have been fine!
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            Don't be ridiculous, she got a signal.
            Good point

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

The message wishing her a happy new year came hours before the unnamed woman was to set off her suicide belt near Red Square, an act of terrorism that could have killed hundreds of people, The Leader-Post reported. She ended up dying at a safe house instead.

From El Reg
              Originally posted by AtW View Post
              This claim is from people who are known to lie a lot.
              Yeah, what my ex-commie friend says!

Comment

Why would a suicide bomber use remote detonation? Doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  That's what I thought, but then I thought, sod it, it's a great story.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Maybe it's the 'handlers' way of ensuring the carrier doesn't get 'cold feet'?
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X